CWC 19 England ??????? v Bangladesh ??

There’s the 7th good from Wood and a good take from Bairstow.

280-9 ... Archer again .... and another 280 all out ... good win that

This has been all over since we batted to be honest.

Bangladesh showed some fighting spirit with Shakib and Mushfiqer, but it was always going to be too much for them.

Looking forward to the next game against the Windies at the Rose or Ageas Bowl. That should be a cracker.

Bangladesh showed some fighting spirit with Shakib and Mushfiqer, but it was always going to be too much for them.

Looking forward to the next game against the Windies at the Rose or Ageas Bowl. That should be a cracker.
bat or bowl first V Windies?

bat or bowl first V Windies?

Personally I always think it’s best to chase. I’d rather bat second. Always difficult to know what a good score is. They have a some powerful batsmen, but so do we. I’m confident we can chase any score set by the opposition.

If we can bat sensibly for the first 25-30 overs, and ware them down. Then we can turn the screw and accelerate. It should be a cracker!

No s**t. Might be a defining match.

Good to see England back doing what they’re good at again today. Maybe the bowling could be a little sharper but it didn’t matter overall.

What’s going on with the stumps at this World Cup?! There’s been a fair number of deliveries that have hit them and the bails haven’t come off. That happens so rarely in Test cricket.

Watch where the ball ends up on the first Archer wicket. Not seen that before.

Good win for England today - felt like the normal England back in play. Just had too much for a good Bangladesh team and with Plunkett in the middle overs, the team felt balanced.

As an aside. The new stumps and bails are a bit of joke - feels like they are too heavy as today was not the first occasion where the ball hit them with force and nothing happened. They may look good for TB, but...

I look forward to the day we see a 7-wides delivered by Archer because he's dug one in short and is that quick it's flown all the way over the wicket keeper's head and over the ropes!

bowled him out ...264-8 ... after the ball again hitting the stumps a few balls earlier & again not dislodging the bails!
Just catching up on the game, was that twice the ball hit the stumps and the bails stayed on? Happened in our opening game as well, what's going on with this? I'd seen it probably twice before in damn near 40 years watching cricket, now 3 in a week. Has the electronic gubbins for flashing bails made them heavier or something?

Might have something to do with lights in the stumps/bails. More weight perhaps.. no idea just a guess.

Happened to Chris Gayle in the Aus match as well. Umpire gave him out caught behind, which was reversed on appeal. Umpiring in that game was very poor.

Back
Top Bottom