CWC 19 : England V Australia

Frustrating so far. There were a few 'nearly' moments earlier on, but if things keep on like this our batsmen are going to be under huge pressure right from the off.
reckon if England can get a wicket (& break this partnership) itll be like buses and a few more will follow close together

I see why we bowled first, and I think it was the right decision, but I just don’t feel comfortable when we’re chasing at the moment. I think I’m right in saying that at this World Cup, we’ve won when batting first and lost while chasing

This is not going well. Australia survived and they’re now cashing in. Wood and Archer have bowled too short and I think England are panicking already by turning to spin.

They need a wicket ASAP and not when both of these have had their fun once they’ve reached their tons.

Finch got his 50 in 61 balls , inc' 9 (NINE) 4's !

and the cheat Warner gets his 50

must break this partnership!

110-0 after 20 overs ... Aussies in control currently, a wicket or two & soon please... C'mon England

Whew
Needed that wicket with Warner out to Moeen.
A couple more wickets will change the complection of the game

Englands fielding has been sloppy again.
It's looking like Rnglands tournament may be slipping away (a couple of quick wickets could change things )
Buttler just missed a stumping off Moeen as well. Very poor

aussies pass 150 in the 28th over .... must start skittling them out, or the convicts will be heading for a score of around 400

England playing the old (cricket) enemy at 'home' (lords being the home of cricket)... sell out crowd, yet the volume has been on mute for best part of this match so far? maybe if the England support made some real noise it might help ?

that bouncer from Stokes rattled Finch ...lets have more of the same, instead of short deliveries that are getting picked off and smashed

YESSSSS .... Khawaja gone.... bowled (by Stokes)

the Lords crowd woken up ..... 'lovely' welcome for sandpaper smith :LOL:

Stokes is a really useful 6th bowler.
He's been our best bowler to date by a distance.

good over that from Archer

this comment re Sandpaper smith going to bat from a BBc reporter at Lords made me smile :)

I reckon Smith copped more boos than Warner. Not because he's more disliked, it's just that Warner, as an opener, always has the cover of his partner, fielders and umpires arriving with him. Smith has nowhere to hide. Whether Eoin Morgan's words had an effect or not, Smith was bombarded there. So unusual for Lord's. The electricity for his first ball could have powered Swindon.

!5 overs left .... 183-2 ... keep Aus below 320, or even better 300 and England should be in with a decent chance of a win?

Back
Top Bottom