CWC 19 England v Afghanistan

And maybe we'll see James Vince actually do something other than get a pretty 30/40 runs ;)

It'll be interesting to see what other changes England may want to do to rotate the squad before the big games. Perhaps bring in Curran for Wood and Moeen for Morgan. Or even give Dawson a twirl for Rashid. The pitch today was used the other day, so it could be more conducive to spin.

I think that the weather could play a big part.
So put them in and roll them over quickly......

Plunkett out with a virus.
I assume that we will play with 2 spinners plus Root.

You’re not going to have a better chance to make a statement at a World Cup than having a bat against Afghanistan. James Vince is starting to look rather exposed now. One 50 in 10 matches and an average that is reflecting pretty much every innings he has.

Jason Roy can’t come back soon enough.

Vince had been playing daft aggressive shots, and looked like he was trying to lose his wicket, and finally succeeded. Don’t know why we bother persisting with him I really don’t.

Vince is the real weak spot.
What in earth was Hales doing ....
England are playing this sensibly now.
145 for 1 at more than 5.5 an over.
Bairstow is picking it up and Root is just being Root

Bairstow gone for 90

164-2 .... 20.1 overs to bowl

should be looking at a score of 320-350 + ?

Morgan's back spasm looks to have been successfully sorted by the team physio, hes batting well so far

Root gets his 50 ...hope he goes on to get 100+

189-2 17 overs to face

15 overs gone.... 199-2 .... Morgan changed his bat after getting 25 runs

eventful over that ...Morgan dropped on 28 .... end of the over hes on 44 !

think England need to up the run rate with less than 14 overs to go?

241-2 after 39 overs

imo England need to step up the runs

Morgan goes ahead of Root in runs scored this match ... hes hit 6 sixes (so far) :)

ten overs to face ... 255-2

Morgan is playing an almost Buttler like innings.
7 sixes and 73 in just 45 balls.
Some innings
Make that 8 sixes and 79 in 46!!

James Vince - the less said the better.

As for Morgan, in a hurry for a big hundred isn't he? Root is just deceptively smooth at the moment.

Vince excepted, an excellent batting performance. I actually think England have paced this very well. We'll get over 350 and the Afghanistan will be hard pressed to get anywhere near it.

Back
Top Bottom