CWC 19 Bangladesh V Afghanistan

Sarge

God like member
due for 10.30am start ... weather could have a bearing on todays match

which could be a close one... if DLS isnt involved

weather already delayed the scheduled start ... now due to commence at 10.40am

Afghanistan won the toss and elected to bowl

10 overs in to this match Bangladesh are 44-1 .....Das went in the 5th over for 28

20 overs bowled .... 95-2

Tamim went for 36 in the 17th over, bowled by Nabi

Shakib survived an lbw after he reviewed it ( right call imo, ball hit the knee roll so was over the stumps despite being in line, it bounced a tad too high) in the 18th over

What a great little player Shakib Al Hasan is. Another 50, and might convert it into a century. God I wish he was English. One of the players of the tournament for me.

Just as I say he might convert it, he then gets out for 51. Good bowling from Mujeeb. Sorry Shakib it’s my fault.

Shakib gone for 51 ... then soumya goes for three a few overs on in the 31st over ...

151-4 with 18 overs left ... 220-250 for Bangladesh , if theyre lucky?

10 overs left of Bangladesh innings .... 193-4 ..... possibly may get 260?

Rahim went for a very decent 83 in the 49th over

262-7 after their 50 overs

Afghanistan 98-2 at the halfway/25 over point ... close-ish match so far

The thing is this pitch looks pretty difficult to get boundaries on. We saw Bangladesh struggling at one point to get some fours. For an inexperienced side at this level like Afghanistan it must be tough. There not rolling over and giving up though. Good for them! Easy to feel deflated when you’ve not won a match, but if they are. It’s certainly not showing!

Mujeeb Looks a really top bowler for the Afghans.

The Afghans have three or four very decent players and have shown excellent spirit. It would be great if they could win a match.

The Afghans have three or four very decent players and have shown excellent spirit. It would be great if they could win a match.

It would certainly give us some breathing space if they won this one. Tall order, but ya never know I guess.

154-6 12 overs left ... this might, just might go to the wire...IF Afghanistan can keep the wickets remaing for the most of the remaining overs

Back
Top Bottom