Current Squad 18/19

U23 squad win at Burnham

Seems to clear up that Long and Little are seen as first team squad (though likely to be playing so infrequently as to be included in a lot of U23 matches)

Looking through the team, I *think*

Agboola (Stevens)

RB:Long (McCreadie) CB:Berry-Hargreaves CB:Raglan (Cowan) LB:Trialist (Johnson)

CM:Heap CM:Caroll

AML:Rev James AMC:Little AMR:Hopkins

ST:Noel-Williams (Spasov)

'seems like handshake gate all over again'. Why make these comments unless you are certain?

There are a million and one things that could change a tranfer/loan. The emphasis this year is clearly on quality. In doing that you face competition, thus the possibility of things going wrong increase.

I dont always agree with KR getting excited and saying 'x players by x' as this is then flipped some folk *cough* and used against him.

If we get to the start of the season and we haven't seen much more activity then our first 11 looks useful, the squad looks lightweight. I will reserve judgment until then.

Where has three by tomorrow been quoted? In the mail today KR hoped for one before tonights match and Karacan has to decide by tonight....at best 2 signings. Unless you have further info to make the claims or you are magicing them up?

Read my post maybe, it was used as part of an ironic comment. Some "cough" never actually read ones comments before responding.
What could I use against him. Again if you read the mail, where I said it came from:
1)Robinson is very confident of completing the formalities of a loan move today,
2)while the U’s boss also expects to receive a decision from midfielder Jem Karacan before the game.

He said: “He’s got a 24-hour window to make a decision.

“He’s had a written contract today, so it’s down to him.

3)“Hopefully we’ll have another one over the line by the morning and we can announce it before the game.”

Read my post maybe, it was used as part of an ironic comment. Some "cough" never actually read ones comments before responding.
What could I use against him. Again if you read the mail, where I said it came from:
1)Robinson is very confident of completing the formalities of a loan move today,
2)while the U’s boss also expects to receive a decision from midfielder Jem Karacan before the game.

He said: “He’s got a 24-hour window to make a decision.

“He’s had a written contract today, so it’s down to him.

3)“Hopefully we’ll have another one over the line by the morning and we can announce it before the game.”

I fully read your comments. Normally in disbelief, regularly amazed.

Btw, 1 and 3 are the same

KR speaking last night to Ox mail.

Last edited:
I fully read your comments. Normally in disbelief, regularly amazed.

Funny that likewise!
Btw, 1 and 3 are the same
Maybe so, but I'm not the only one thinking three.
KR speaking last night to Ox mail.

KR seems to keep changing the numbers we need to complete the squad. If we're up against other clubs for the guy offered a contract, I do wonder if we've been competitive with wages, which sometimes is a deciding factor with us.

KR seems to keep changing the numbers we need to complete the squad. If we're up against other clubs for the guy offered a contract, I do wonder if we've been competitive with wages, which sometimes is a deciding factor with us.
Any sourced examples of that being the case?

You mean like when we were in talks with Mackie and had plenty more clubs after him than there are Karacan?

Do you also mean the change in numbers being the 2 or 3 more signings? That would mean in total we would be up to 9 or 10 new summer signings. Oh wait, didn't both Tiger and KR say they wanted to bring in 10 new faces before the start of the season?

Hence my comment that I feel KR should keep dealings to himself to it isn’t used as a stick to beat him and tiger with.

We will have competition for every player we go for, as hopefully we are going for quality! Quality players are in demand.

Unless you would prefer xemi, tiendalli and co back?

Btw, there is no third signing in the morning. Browne signed, possibly Karacan, but KR’s quote of confirming a loan and announcing before the match was today.

Unless Oxford are playing tomorrow?

Hence my comment that I feel KR should keep dealings to himself to it isn’t used as a stick to beat him and tiger with.

We will have competition for every player we go for, as hopefully we are going for quality! Quality players are in demand.

Btw, there is no third signing in the morning. Browne signed, possibly Karacan, but KR’s quote of confirming a loan and announcing before the match was today.

I fully agree, KR seems to want this one in the open. If I read the Ox.mail article wrong so be it, but wasn't the only one. What did he mean then in the article by announcing one in the morning?

Out of interest, how many more players do you think we need before the window shuts? If there are higher league teams and Div 1 teams after Karacan, I cant see us getting him. He would be a fantastic signing though just like Browne.

Not been able to see Obika this season yet but by most accounts, he was our best player tonight. If he keeps his form/fitness I'd be happy to give him a chance as our main ST rather than bring someone else in

There was never 2 today.Sure he meant he hopes the loan will be completed by the time the games completed. As for Karacan apparently declined deal.Hopefully isn't a case of Robinson speaking to soon and alerting another club...

There was never 2 today.Sure he meant he hopes the loan will be completed by the time the games completed. As for Karacan apparently declined deal.Hopefully isn't a case of Robinson speaking to soon and alerting another club...

Seems ridiculous to go public on such a deal.

Not been able to see Obika this season yet but by most accounts, he was our best player tonight. If he keeps his form/fitness I'd be happy to give him a chance as our main ST rather than bring someone else in
We definitely need one or two new quality strikers.
Personally whoever we bring in I would start with Obika but if he gets injured and doesn't keep up this form we need others who are going to hold the ball up and score a few.

We definitely need one or two new quality strikers.
Personally whoever we bring in I would start with Obika but if he gets injured and doesn't keep up this form we need others who are going to hold the ball up and score a few.
Since it looks like we're going to be sticking with one up front, I'd say we only need one more striker which looks like it'll be Sam Smith. I'd like to see another CM, but think Browne will allow Carruthers to drop deeper, meaning our strongest XI would probably be:
Eastwood
McMahon Dickie Nelson Garbutt
Carruthers Brannagan
Hall Henry Browne
Obika
... which I'd be happy with and think would do well

Still need another irrespective of his s form pre season as with his injuries he has had we would need backup/ competiton

Still need another irrespective of his s form pre season as with his injuries he has had we would need backup/ competiton
I think this is surely correct. We have good options and cover for the three behind the "lone striker" but no real alternative to JO .... yet. Hence all the talk of Smith from Reading.
Plus another defensive midfielder... hence the offer to JK.
Quotes above because I'm sure KR must smile (or tear his hair out) if a side with three of Hall/Mackie/Carruthers/Henry/Whyte / Browne /Nappa is said to only have one forward. Yes, only one player who is permanently pressed up against the opposition centre halves, but more running at them or past them.
Have to say I'm a big fan of 4231.
- it cuts down the possibility of a real weakness of ours a few seasons back when a seemingly harmless ball gently lobbed into the space between our two banks of 4 often caused complete panic and goals against
- it gives the most flexibility to defend with 6/7/8 players and attack with 5/6 which the best teams seem able to do.

Back
Top Bottom