Matches Crystal Palace - First 10k gate of the season

Maybe an idea for season tickets next year is a football special bus addon? Prices would have to vary depending where you got on, but I come from Carterton so the buses (for only league games) will cost me £195.50. Maybe a £150 addon to a season ticket would encourage other supporters concerned about travel prices as well as the season ticket would help.

Or maybe everyone, no matter where you live pays £100, but when you get on the bus you have to pay a little bit e.g get on in Carterton, pay £2 when you show your bus addon (£146 over the league games), and maybe £1 in Eynsham for example.

That's a good idea and definitely a route the club should be taking. I'm not sure fans coming from a little bit further should pay more. If the bus is running full to capacity or near to capacity there is no reason why it can't be one set fare and still be profitable. The bus could work on a pre booked basis through an app so the required vehicle or extra vehicles can be sent to do the route.

That's a good idea and definitely a route the club should be taking. I'm not sure fans coming from a little bit further should pay more. If the bus is running full to capacity or near to capacity there is no reason why it can't be one set fare and still be profitable. The bus could work on a pre booked basis through an app so the required vehicle or extra vehicles can be sent to do the route.
I do agree with the one fare fits all for these buses, and it would benefit me as my ticket price would come down, currently being the most expensive. It’s not really an advantage to me to be sat on the bus longer than people from Botley

This is a good idea. We'll talk to bus users and to Mick Brown about how this could work.

Really strong sales today, over 500 since 8:30am this morning, meaning there are now only 2,075 home tickets left, with over a week to go. Unless a large number of season ticket holders don't take up their seats (which is unlikely), I think this one might actually sell out.

Also Palace only managed a draw at Anfield this evening, so we shouldn't have too much trouble seeing them off next week!

Really strong sales today, over 500 since 8:30am this morning, meaning there are now only 2,075 home tickets left, with over a week to go. Unless a large number of season ticket holders don't take up their seats (which is unlikely), I think this one might actually sell out.

Also Palace only managed a draw at Anfield this evening, so we shouldn't have too much trouble seeing them off next week!
Great, despite all the whinging on here we’re playing a PL team under lights in the cup, why wouldn’t you go if you could? I’ll never forget the West Ham game.

So the ticket take will be about a quarter of a million? Cam’s equaliser was valuable. Do we still share that with the away team?

We visit a lot of clubs where supporters buses and coaches are evident, Sunderland must have 30 plus double decker buses and normal coaches taking fans from surrounding towns and possibly villages and definitely further afield up an down the country, Derby County had a similar amount of Buses and coaches after our first game if the season lined up and it always amazes me that when we visit Shrewsbury they have at least 8-10 coaches taking their supporters back to their towns and villages.
We could have such an increased fan base if we had these sorts of transport in place from our surrounding towns and villages, most of or supporters drive to the ground (early to park) and drive straight home (after a delay getting out of the ground). Imagine having a few pints in your local pub, a coffee, or having a bite to eat in you own town then getting on a luxury coach and 30 minutes later (non stop) your are the stadium 45 minutes before kick off, then 15 minutes after the final whistle you are back on you coach looking forward to a pint or three back in your local.
The football special buses idea needs more thought and more thought towards who uses the service.
We have no 3rd party coach arrangements for home games and I believe it would be used and create a lot more interest around Oxfordshire and who knows even further afield.
It would also lead to more accessible transport to away games if the coach companies were making a profit and were available in the way of unofficial transport.

Trying to ring the ticket office this morning to book my season ticket seats for the palace match and I get a ring tone for 20 seconds and then it goes to a engaged tone. I am away this week so can’t go in person. probably just the volume of calls right now but just wondered if anyone else has had trouble getting through ?

Trying to ring the ticket office this morning to book my season ticket seats for the palace match and I get a ring tone for 20 seconds and then it goes to a engaged tone. I am away this week so can’t go in person. probably just the volume of calls right now but just wondered if anyone else has had trouble getting through ?

I phoned up earlier and I just got crackling on the line 😕

I was calling the swine flu advice hotline though so maybe not useful 🤷‍♂️

So now the season ticket holders no longer have their seats reserved we have some interesting figures.

We've gone from "sales" of 7,850 at midnight last night down to 5,100 as of just now. This means 2,750 season ticket holders, which is over half of them, have not bothered retaining their seats. I've got to say I'm pretty shocked by that. It means that of the 5,100 home sales at present approximately 2,450 are season ticket holders and 2,650 are non season ticket holders.

Total daily home sales have been high at over 1,000 a day though, so with nearly seven days to go I'd still expect a decent crowd. I'll need to study the next two or three days sales to be able to accurately forecast though, as I am quite shocked at the low season ticket holder uptake.

We've gone from "sales" of 7,850 at midnight last night down to 5,100 as of just now. This means 2,750 season ticket holders, which is over half of them, have not bothered retaining their seats. I've got to say I'm pretty shocked by that. It means that of the 5,100 home sales at present approximately 2,450 are season ticket holders and 2,650 are non season ticket holders.
Of course some of the 'non-ST' sales could be some of the season ticket holders who appear not to have bought having decided to try another location in the ground. Not sure how many this would be, most ST holders I know wouldn't dream of sitting somewhere else for a game.

Of course some of the 'non-ST' sales could be some of the season ticket holders who appear not to have bought having decided to try another location in the ground. Not sure how many this would be, most ST holders I know wouldn't dream of sitting somewhere else for a game.
I had to move seats for this game because my oldest son wanted to come so for one game and most definitely one game only we are in the SSU not looking forward to it to be honest

So now the season ticket holders no longer have their seats reserved we have some interesting figures.

Total daily home sales have been high at over 1,000 a day though, so with nearly seven days to go I'd still expect a decent crowd. I'll need to study the next two or three days sales to be able to accurately forecast though, as I am quite shocked at the low season ticket holder uptake.

😳

I’ll be one of those with a ST not attending. I’ll be away so can’t make it although if I were around I imagine Saturday’s game would have an impact on whether I bought a ticket.

Not necessarily. It means season ticket holders might of moved seat due to the pricing structure.

I`m not. I would suggest a lot of us are waiting to see if there is any sort of improvement in performance before toasting additional ticket price, petrol, time etc.
Two turgid defeats on the trot will make folk reconsider very quickly, equally a rip-roaring win at the weekend will do the opposite.
Putting an arbitrary "deadline" in is a pointless exercise when there will probably be at least 2,500 empty seats.

I’ve completely lost interest in this cup so I’m not going.
come to think of it I am losing interest in the whole season.

Are you really that shocked, Colin?

Money is tight, we’ve had a lousy start and Palace are not, at least in PL terms, the biggest draw.

I’ve bought my ticket but it’s out of pure habit rather than genuine excitement, anticipation, or expectation of glory.

I'm not three out of the four in my group are not going, they have not said why

Back
Top Bottom