Matches crowd noise- if only ? ;-)

Sarge

God like member
piped crowd noise (at home games) , seemed, unquestionably, to make a difference on tues evening
( drowned out any 'instructional shouts from the oppositions bench / staff too)

thing is , (presumably due to the pc police for broadcast- albeit with a live crowd there there wouldnt/ couldnt be any 'censorship' of crowd noise), it appears to be limited to more or less 'come on you yellows'

cant help thinking/ musing, even hoping for a bit of variety

if only a (vocal) supporter was let loose on manning the crowd noise, with a free run to all chants etc... now that, imo, would be really worthwhile ;)

now that would really provide something of a home advantage, wouldnt it ? :rolleyes: ;) ;)

KR ... and Ruffs both (in todays OM ) say the piped crowd noise does help ...

Trevor L

Odd one this. I can't stand the fake noise when I'm watching any non Us match, but curiously I don't mind it being used for our home games! Wonder if others agree.

But I agree Sarge it should be more varied. There should at least be a Jim Smith or London Road song on file that could be used.

Marked Ox

Odd one this. I can't stand the fake noise when I'm watching any non Us match, but curiously I don't mind it being used for our home games! Wonder if others agree.

But I agree Sarge it should be more varied. There should at least be a Jim Smith or London Road song on file that could be used.

Yellow Submarine should be part of it for me with reference to Jim Smith.

Colin B

Yellow Submarine should be part of it for me with reference to Jim Smith.
Yellow Submarine IS used. I clearly heard it on more than one occasion.

Also, @Sarge will be pleased to know they played "Those Were the Days" over the tannoy yesterday too.

Marked Ox

Yellow Submarine IS used. I clearly heard it on more than one occasion.

Also, @Sarge will be pleased to know they played "Those Were the Days" over the tannoy yesterday too.

Ah, right. Good stuff, I must have missed it.