General Crowd "Incidents"...........

Essexyellows

Seems to be rather alot of late that are pausing games.
Been 2 tonight at 2 separate games.
Is it because people are more aware and willing to shout for help?
Better stewarding?
Better refereeing?

Just seems more "visible" if that makes sense?

Compared to the halcyon days at the Manor can only remember the LRT wall collapsing which barely stopped the game!

From the British Heart foundation:

“Overall, fully vaccinated people were about twice as likely to be diagnosed with myocarditis, compared with people who hadn’t been vaccinated. That compares with another study from Israel which found that in adults over 18, getting Covid-19 increases risk of myocarditis by 18 times – a far bigger increase in risk than from the vaccine. But in young men specifically, who are more at risk of myocarditis linked to the vaccine, this difference in risk may be smaller.”

If true, you’d expect there to be more heart issues given that everyone who’s had the vaccine has just doubled their chance of getting myocarditis, and anyone who gets Covid has increased it by 18 times! (Not sure what happens if you are vaccinated then get Covid anyway)

From the British Heart foundation:

“Overall, fully vaccinated people were about twice as likely to be diagnosed with myocarditis, compared with people who hadn’t been vaccinated. That compares with another study from Israel which found that in adults over 18, getting Covid-19 increases risk of myocarditis by 18 times – a far bigger increase in risk than from the vaccine. But in young men specifically, who are more at risk of myocarditis linked to the vaccine, this difference in risk may be smaller.”

If true, you’d expect there to be more heart issues given that everyone who’s had the vaccine has just doubled their chance of getting myocarditis, and anyone who gets Covid has increased it by 18 times! (Not sure what happens if you are vaccinated then get Covid anyway)

Interesting article that, your question will be a hard one to answer considering just because you have tested positive while being vaccinated doesn't mean your suffering with covid or will have any affects from it you could just be a carrier.

Believe at one of the games it was a heart attack, cant remember which of the two it was. Would like to think a stoppage would happen if it were at one of our games while the incident was attended to which could mean getting a few to move for a short while.

Many years ago - I'm pretty sure it was when we were still at the Manor - the second half was delayed whilst an elderly gentleman in the row on front of me was treated by St John's, then stretchered away, with what looked like heart failure (but I'm no medic). I think matches have often been paused depending on circumstances.

Many years ago - I'm pretty sure it was when we were still at the Manor - the second half was delayed whilst an elderly gentleman in the row on front of me was treated by St John's, then stretchered away, with what looked like heart failure (but I'm no medic). I think matches have often been paused depending on circumstances.
Was it against Notts County? I seem to recall it!

I guess now there are bigger medical teams even at our level, and they have a duty to assist.
Back in the day Ken Fish and his magic sponge would not have had the same level of expertise.

A smashing bloke was Ken, Maurice sending him up at Wembley was a proper football gentleman's gesture.

Was it against Notts County? I seem to recall it!
There was an incident v Notts County in the Beech Road Stand. Last game of the season I think, 1993/4? We went into the game in the relegation zone, needing to win, and for Birmingham City and West Brom to drop points. We did our bit, but Birmingham and West Brom both got the points they needed, seeing us relegated.

I did a FA run first aid course a few years ago when I was involved with walking football, the bloke taking the course as a matter of interest outline the match day medical requirements at every level, the level of expertise and equipment now required on the bench and within the ground save life’s, he was working at Spurs when the Bolton player collapsed, in his words he was for all intents and purpose dead, there was a cardiac consultant watching the game as a fan , he was on the pitch instantly as he saw the collapse and guessed what was happening, CPR was started instantly , and the only time it was paused was getting the stretcher up some stairs , I think he said it was carried on for over 90 minutes .

Probably something to do with the increasing age of football fans and the generally unhealthy lifestyle of burgers and pints that surrounds lots of football.

Obviously we're a quince crowd so it's fine

Interesting article that, your question will be a hard one to answer considering just because you have tested positive while being vaccinated doesn't mean your suffering with covid or will have any affects from it you could just be a carrier.
True. But you’re still twice as likely to suffer from heart problems so it’s natural we’d see more such incidents.

There was an incident v Notts County in the Beech Road Stand. Last game of the season I think, 1993/4? We went into the game in the relegation zone, needing to win, and for Birmingham City and West Brom to drop points. We did our bit, but Birmingham and West Brom both got the points they needed, seeing us relegated.

That was the one.

Enough of this. Let's talk about the mackems.

I reckon they're low on confidence and have a few injuries so if we play well we should win this.

Back
Top Bottom