General Crowd "Incidents"...........

This is getting very weird

I've been wondering about this for a while now.

Is it possible that that players are being given supplements that have a negative effect on their hearts? Possibly a bit like the Ephedra problem in the 1990's?

This is pure conjecture.

I've been wondering about this for a while now.

Is it possible that that players are being given supplements that have a negative effect on their hearts? Possibly a bit like the Ephedra problem in the 1990's?

This is pure conjecture.
It's far more likely covid-19/vaccine related than that, surely...

It's far more likely covid-19/vaccine related than that, surely...

😜 I said that a couple of weeks ago and got shouted down. There is something going on one way or another and it's not just cases are being more recognised as games are being stopped for fan medical emergencies. Lots of players are collapsing/struggling to breath and retiring because of heart problems they never had a couple of years ago. Let's hope the scientists/doctors get to the bottom of this for everyone's safety.

Nope, more research needs doing. But some will go straight into 2+2=5 mode and twitter conspiracy theories will run riot.

It's obviously linked to 5G, the increase is since the spread of masts. Now where is my tinfoil hat?
It is a coincidence though, the more research that gets done faster the quicker for everybody. I know several people who say they can't perform as well in the gym since their vaccines.

And yet the vaccine may have prevented them from contacting COVID and performing even worse on the gym, if at all.
I'm not arguing one way or another but I do think it's worth looking into the link (if any) between covid, athletes and heart issues.

It is a coincidence though, the more research that gets done faster the quicker for everybody. I know several people who say they can't perform as well in the gym since their vaccines.
From personal experience, I've had 2 jabs, booster booked. I'm a distance runner, there has been no impact on my times, and that goes for the runners I know as well. Small sample size of course. I'm also aware of the number of runners who have either died suddenly on runs due to heart problems or have had lucky escapes going back way before Covid, so to see a handful of cases now and to make the jump to Covid as some have isn't helpful when investigating any actual causes.

Research it if course. But don't get caught up with twitter conspiracy.

From personal experience, I've had 2 jabs, booster booked. I'm a distance runner, there has been no impact on my times, and that goes for the runners I know as well. Small sample size of course. I'm also aware of the number of runners who have either died suddenly on runs due to heart problems or have had lucky escapes going back way before Covid, so to see a handful of cases now and to make the jump to Covid as some have isn't helpful when investigating any actual causes.

Research it if course. But don't get caught up with twitter conspiracy.
It might not be the vaccines that is causing the collapses it may be the fact people have had covid. Maybe it's in the people I know's heads, they expect it to affect their performance so it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I try to avoid Twitter because it's a toxic mess which only serves to tear society apart and play on the worst aspects of human nature.

I have improved my personal best on the bench press after two doses from 130 KG to 150kg, haven’t been in since having the booster on Saturday as I am working away but fingers crossed for similar gains.

It might not be the vaccines that is causing the collapses it may be the fact people have had covid. Maybe it's in the people I know's heads, they expect it to affect their performance so it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I try to avoid Twitter because it's a toxic mess which only serves to tear society apart and play on the worst aspects of human nature.
Personally speaking, its the potential long-Covid impacts on cardio performance which is the biggest concern for me. Thankfully I've not had the virus yet.

Personally speaking, its the potential long-Covid impacts on cardio performance which is the biggest concern for me. Thankfully I've not had the virus yet.
The players and fans collapsing may be collapsing due to long-covid. Impossible to say at the moment.

We're certainly more aware of games being stopped.

More games televised
More ways of matches being covered/reported
Fan blogs/vlogs

Stopping a game "catching on" - been to a fair few games over time, where there has been an incident in the crowd, but the medics etc. have dealt with the casualty in the stand whilst play continues. The Newcastle game being on TV and the game actually being stopped has led to this happening more often in my opinion.
Having seen how successfully the incident at Newcastle was dealt with once the game stopped, and the football club medical staff were aware and able to be involved, you'd probably expect a similar approach to be taken at other stadia by fans near to an incident.

LOL. I'm pretty sure that there is plenty of research on the effect of the vaccine. You're still a lot better off having it than dying / getting long Covid / passing it to someone vulnerable.

Modern football has so much science involved these days, I doubt the players have much of a clue what supplements and so on they are being forced to take by club doctors and what the long term effects might be. (So long as they are not on some WDA banned list)

Back
Top Bottom