General Crowd "Incidents"...........

Modern football has so much science involved these days, I doubt the players have much of a clue what supplements and so on they are being forced to take by club doctors and what the long term effects might be. (So long as they are not on some WDA banned list)
Combined with the fact football is more about athleticism than ever before. Footballers are absolutely specimens these days and push their bodies to the limits. Well, most of them anyway...

On a tangent footballers have a very low rate for being caught taking PEDS than most other sports, given the amount of players and the potential rewards you would expect some to gamble.

On a tangent footballers have a very low rate for being caught taking PEDS than most other sports, given the amount of players and the potential rewards you would expect some to gamble.
Probably because there isn't a drug which can help you trap a football. Yeah you could get stronger, but football isn't a strength sport primarily.

Probably because there isn't a drug which can help you trap a football. Yeah you could get stronger, but football isn't a strength sport primarily.

You can get stronger, faster and fitter though. Look at the difference that made to Ronaldos game (the physical improvement not being on PEDS). To a player with good skill levels but who is perhaps not the best athlete that could take him up a league.

You are probably right but considering the amount of pro footballers in the world you would still expect a few to try it.

Certainly worth mentioning that Martin Terrier has a history of on field incidents, this happened in January 2020:

If you actually believe the 1000000%increase in crowd and player heart incidents is nothing to do with vaccines or covid, that is fascinating.

Crowd incidents always have happened but the difference from now to pre pandemic is the game is halted while medical attention is ongoing. It use to be unless it was on the pitch the game continued.

If you actually believe the 1000000%increase in crowd and player heart incidents is nothing to do with vaccines or covid, that is fascinating.

I’ve seen some B*****s chatted on here but this may be gold medal winning.

By your ‘logic’, because of the vaccine, we’re seeing increased numbers of player and fan related cardiovascular-incidents. More specifically, it’s only affecting people between the hours of 3-5pm on matchdays ipso facto the vaccine caused it. Evidence for whether all these cases have had the vaccine, whether the vaccine has caused heart issues in the wider population and whether other lifestyle choices have had an impact not needed in your book.

Engage your brain and come up with some evidence rather than ridiculous claims such as this.

I’ve seen some B*****s chatted on here but this may be gold medal winning.

By your ‘logic’, because of the vaccine, we’re seeing increased numbers of player and fan related cardiovascular-incidents. More specifically, it’s only affecting people between the hours of 3-5pm on matchdays ipso facto the vaccine caused it. Evidence for whether all these cases have had the vaccine, whether the vaccine has caused heart issues in the wider population and whether other lifestyle choices have had an impact not needed in your book.

Engage your brain and come up with some evidence rather than ridiculous claims such as this.

I`m glad you said that!

Also factor in some fat, unfit middle age blokes have been sat on their blunt ends for nigh on 2 years, throw in some exercise, excitement, a few beers and a bit of Columbian marching powder and there you go.............. just as likely as well!

You actually read the article you linked to, right? The only vaguely cardiac word in the whole thing was “heartfelt”!

I remember going to forest away years ago on the LRTC and having a medical emergency on the coach, had to wait for an ambulance to take the poor chap off to hospital, got to Nottingham, got off the coach and walking to the nearest pub saw another elderly chap collapsed on the ground who looked dead (I’m no doctor).
The following week in the Brit before the game someone told us the chap on the coach had died and they were collecting donations for a wreath for him, just as I put my hand in my pocket for some money said bloke Walked passed the window, the guy doing the collecting nearly s**t himself when he chap walked in for a pint.

Football fans are an ageing demographic, add in that they are not the healthiest people, are mostly men who ignore most warning signs and then add to that an increased stress of getting to/being at the match then I don’t think it’s a suprise that football games with very high attendance across the country ended up with coronary incidents (which are a common ailment anyway).

Add in its more noticeable now games are actually being stopped for it now then it was always going to be noticeable.

The Wycombe (2nd) stoppage was brief and was, so I am told, for a young lad who felt sick and went to the first aid post - possibly frightening but perhaps not a "medical emergency" as you might understand it.

Unfortunately, to contrast this in the worst possible way, the fan taken ill at Fulham passed away in hospital despite the prompt treatment he received at the ground.

Back
Top Bottom