Cricket

Curran is a prospect for sure. Good to finish on a high, shame we couldn't whitewash them though.

Has anyone seen any of Jofra Archer in the Big Bash? Gutted we've gotta wait another 5 years to see him in an England shirt!

An absolutely lovely innings by Bairstow today. Zoned in from ball one until hitting his wickets. It was a decent series win from England and I'll say this quietly. Rashid looked a really good spinner all across the series

I met Bairstow at my daughters house last year, her husband and him are mates from up Leeds way, seems a real nice guy and his cricket has come along heaps recently.

In the form of his life. Only another 14 months til the World Cup. Gulp.

The way he just plucked it out of the air shows what a good athlete he is.

So....back to the Test arena, and back to the headless chicken parade.

They're all either too old, lack the necessary application for the long form of the game or - in a couple of cases - just aren't talented enough.

Whilst the One Day team has a shot at winning the World Cup next year, looks to me like a few years in the doldrums for the Test team. New blood needed......

They went light in the batting and got burnt. We should be familiar with the conditions, but seems not.

I think of the curse of James Vince. When he's near the England team, bad things happen.

Absolutely disgraceful.

Of course the lack of preparation for Test teams these days makes things really difficult. But a swinging ball? England should hardly find that alien.

New Zealand have some decent bowlers and some class batsmen but even so. That performance was embarrassing. I would see if Nasser Hussain wants to take over the Test team. He would take no shi* and start making England a harder tougher team.

It was nothing short of a disgrace, couldn't believe it when I woke this morning and put the game on. Thought we would have had a wake up call in the pink ball warm up match last week, think we found ourselves 20-odd for 5 then, but no.

So the Aussies have been caught blatantly ball tampering but it's a one off, so nothing to worry about. How Steve Smith thinks he can carry on as captain after him and his leadership team sanctioned it, is beyond me. Dirty, lying cheating Aussies. Did they do this in the Ashes and not get caught?

And considering they have complained about verbal abuse just highlights their hypocrisy. The English team were abused from the moment they got off the plane, and they just encouraged it. Glad Smith has fallen hard from his pedestal. What goes around, comes around. Cheats!

I loved the Aussies crying about abusive spectators especially being the complaining was coming from Lehmann after Warner got abuse. Two people who have lots of form for abuse so utterly hypocritical. As the saying goes "you reap what you sow".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43526870

Michael Vaughan's tweets with Warner's wife in the above link are superb and spot on. I mentioned the Aussies complaining publically and Cricket Australia sending a letter about it to Cricket South Africa to an Aussie; she was embarrassed about it on their behalf.

The ECB should troll Cricket Australia by demanding a public apology for all the treatment that Stuart Broad got from Aussie crowds.

Also, I hope the South African crowds give the Aussies far more abuse after the ball tampering.

Smith has to go as Captain as he was involved in the decision to ball tamper and happy to cheat. Bancroft's comment that he was "in the wrong place at the wrong time" is comical considering it wasn't by mistake, but deliberate, pre planned cheating.

Also laughable is the apologies by Bancroft and Smith as they are clearly only sorry they got caught. If Smith was genuinely sorry he'd resign as the Captain.

Edit: I should also say that Tuffers tweet about the ball tampering is highly amusing.

Last edited:
I can’t see this resulting in anything other than Smith resigning. Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio…

I loved the Aussies crying about abusive spectators especially being the complaining was coming from Lehmann after Warner got abuse. Two people who have lots of form for abuse so utterly hypocritical. As the saying goes "you reap what you sow".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43526870

Michael Vaughan's tweets with Warner's wife in the above link are superb and spot on. I mentioned the Aussies complaining publically and Cricket Australia sending a letter about it to Cricket South Africa to an Aussie; she was embarrassed about it on their behalf.

The ECB should troll Cricket Australia by demanding a public apology for all the treatment that Stuart Broad got from Aussie crowds.

Also, I hope the South African crowds give the Aussies far more abuse after the ball tampering.

Smith has to go as Captain as he was involved in the decision to ball tamper and happy to cheat. Bancroft's comment that he was "in the wrong place at the wrong time" is comical considering it wasn't by mistake, but deliberate, pre planned cheating.

Also laughable is the apologies by Bancroft and Smith as they are clearly only sorry they got caught. If Smith was genuinely sorry he'd resign as the Captain.

Edit: I should also say that Tuffers tweet about the ball tampering is highly amusing.
Having seen the fan give Warner some verbals, it's no different to the stuff Lehman encouraged their fans to do to Broad in 2013. Let alone in the last Ashes series when all sorts went on in the crowd and Cricket Australia had their usual tone deafness to it all. Oh geez, it's just banter mate.

It's not the first time Smith has cheated in the past year either. He is so spectacularly bad at DRS, he had Boof and the coaches tell him whether to challenge decisions in India on the sly from the TV coverage. That team is just rotten from the top to the bottom, and the more I think about it, I can't help but wonder if it's more endemic than they let on and someone in SA TV was determined to nail them for it. It kicked off in the last test about the exaggerated bandages on Warner's fingers and the effect on the ball.

Let's not forget the sledging of Bairstow about his Dad in the last Ashes, puerile and deeply personal. Just another low point from a scummy cricket team.

Back
Top Bottom