Cricket

It seems that Bird is the word for them. Looks like Curran will be coming in for Overton unless they change their mind on Crane. He could stalk the Aussie batsmen quite a lot in the coming years.
I would go for Curran and Crane (leave Broad out). But you probably have it- Curran in for Overton and the rest as it was ....

Curran is in, the Aussie are batting on a belter of a wicket. If England can't get early wickets, I can only see the Aussies batting the life out of the attack. Crane should be playing IMHO. Moeen isn't fit and it is a detriment to the team, sadly.

That's that then, cant see us regaining the Ashes for a LONG LONG time.

I know someones family who has tickets to the Boxing Day test. I would rather be in this country watching OUFC than watch the whitewash continue.
Who'd have thought when you posted this we'd be seeing cricket scores at the Ka$$am! :cry:

As bad as we are at times with the bat, it hasn't quite reached 0-7 yet...

Good day for England.

Took the last 7 Australian wickets for 67 runs. Broad gets 4 wickets.

Cook scores an undefeated century, Root still there on 49.

Too little, too late to save the ashes, but a bit of pride restored.

Can we produce two good days in a row and finally put some pressure on the Aussies?

The Aussies said "Stokes wouldn't have made any difference to the results"
Soon as we have a good day ?
"ah,would have been different if Starc was fit"

Clearly it is a slow and flat pitch.

It does show however what a difference Starc makes to the side. He is an exceptional bowler particularly on flat pitches. Without him and with Cummins playing through illness they look a different team.

It took a lot of criticism for the old guard to get into it on a slow and low pitch. Plus their injury and they look human. If only England had not taken 4 matches to get into it. Sigh.

Still happy for Cook, but he needs to bat on

It took a lot of criticism for the old guard to get into it on a slow and low pitch. Plus their injury and they look human. If only England had not taken 4 matches to get into it. Sigh.

Still happy for Cook, but he needs to bat on
It's all a bit like starting to play and looking good when you are already 3-0 down in a football game...

It's all a bit like starting to play and looking good when you are already 3-0 down in a football game...
No pressure. Bit like winning at the Oval in the 90s when the Aussies minds were on the plane home. However, not being white washed would be nice.

Nice that Cook & Broad finally showed up.

Would be great to not lose 5-0. Hopefully they can keep it going tomorrow and build a big lead.....but we've thrown away great positions in games already this series.

OUFC /England flag spotted in the crowd at the 4th test!

First time i've got up all series to find England still batting.
Barmy Army in great voice.
Cooks score the highest EVER by an overseas player at the MCG.

Broad out,worst decision i've ever seen.
No way can the umpires see from 70 yards away,whether the fielder has held the catch.
He drops it,you can't see whether he has gathered it before it hits the ground or not.
So the 3rd official has to go with the on field Umpire.
If we can't see whether he has caught it, with all the camera's around the ground,how can the Umpires say he has, in real time 70 Yards away ????

As soon as a fielder says he isn't sure, the decision should always be 'Not Out' and then go to replays if necessary.

Wow.

Well played Cook especially. A real shame that he and Broad especially couldn't do this earlier in the series.

Amazing the difference when Starc isn't in the side as our tail would not have wagged so well even on such a good pitch had Starc played.

I'm glad Cook batted how he did. It's the batsmen that has been hidden away for so long in the Ashes. Just a shame Root got another 50 and got out. I'm just glad the Aussies had a day and a half in the field and how much it will have drained. And that Smith dropped Cook twice
46BBB9AE00000578-0-image-m-16_1512077036960.jpg

Back
Top Bottom