Sport Cricket - Winter 2021/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
India are pretty much like us really, an average batting unit carried by 2 players, and a bowling attack who on their day can cause havoc.
I think that India's attack is far better than ours.
They at least have 2 to 3 spinners and Bumrah in my view is far better than any of our seamers (and with us having to bowl Woakes in Australia our lack of choice is shown up)

They at least have 2 to 3 spinners and Bumrah in my view is far better than any of our seamers (and with us having to bowl Woakes in Australia our lack of choice is shown up)
Yeah fair enough point. Archer is a big miss for us of course, but our depth just doesn't appear to be there.

Their batting is far better than ours as well.

Sharma was missing from this SA series with a hamstring injury, but when he, Pujara & Kohli are all playing, that's three World Class Test batsmen (all average >44 in Test cricket). Plus, Pant averages almost 40 with the bat.

There's a reason they thumped us home and away last year!

Well Billings was a briefly shining light in the batting line up, but the rest of them were embarrassing today.

Typical. Missed the start of the innings. I started watching now so expect normal service to resume.

That's similar to the first innings.
The usual story. Letting Australia off in the first innings when we had them on the ropes.
Then poor batting (Burns run out for 0 FFS)

I said it in this thread earlier. This England team are terrible at letting teams off the hook. The number of wagging tails they allow is ridiculous.

Well well.
Woods with a 6 for and Engkand are 72 for 1 needing another 199 to win.
They couldn't, could they?

Depends if root and stokes are up for it (because the rest aren’t again).

We might at least get treble figures this innings if Australia let us.

Is it bad that I thought ‘good’ as this meek end to the series occurred?

It might just give the ECB the shake up it needs.

In some ways it was probably a good thing.
A win ( or close defeat) would have papered up the cracks. England's batting has been feeble and pathetic, and the authorities need to look.at the whole structure of English cricket. What has happened is nowhere good enough.
I know that there are few alternatives but I would prefer Root to concentrate on his batting and give up the captaincy (Morgan totally re italised the one day team post the Cook era)
Root suggesting recently that he wanted Silverwood to stay on seems to say it all.

It was a series we deserved to lose 5-0, hardly been competitive at all and we have been pathetic with the bat. We can’t bat in test matches anymore, they are nearly all limited overs players just giving the longer form a go. We had an opener average 10 from 8 innings, that’s Phil Tufnellesque batting.

Doubt it will change though, the ECB wasn’t happy with 20/20 and invented a shorter form so that shows where there priorities lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom