Sport Cricket: Winter 2020/2021

Amen to that.

I'd go the other way, bring back timeless tests, and open with Boycott anf Trott. 10 days of nurdling along at 2 runs an over 😁
Chris Tavare. My goodness
I went to a day in a Test Match I think at Old Trafford.
England with Gough, Cork bowled and Gary Kristen and Cullenan batted for 2 sessions averaging 2 runs an over. England beat the bat once!
Dull, dull, dull. Steve Waughs Australian team did Test cricket a lot if good!

Chris Tavare. My goodness
I went to a day in a Test Match I think at Old Trafford.
England with Gough, Cork bowled and Gary Kristen and Cullenan batted for 2 sessions averaging 2 runs an over. England beat the bat once!
Dull, dull, dull. Steve Waughs Australian team did Test cricket a lot if good!
I had a similar experience, England v South Africa at The Oval. South Africa batted the whole day, and scored something like 260-1. Hour after hour of Amla defence.

That's quite lively. The great R.R. Jumadeen conceded 2.18 runs per over in Tests: link.

My favourite was 1976, Port of Spain vs India: 42-12-79-2; back in the day when they knew how to savour cricket.

Yep, it's on the BBC, so I guess there might be some exposure benefit which may assist the 'proper' cricket eventually.

I've seen a bit of the Pakistan T20 as well, and also some 'T10' tournament which had some very very average cricket played in it.
Yes, that T10 was in the Emirates wasn't it? Very odd. Local players and a few English county pros, Pakistanis and West Indians. Good luck to them getting paid gigs, particularly in these times, but yes, I've seen higher quality cricket at my own club. In fact one of the West Indians played as a club pro in our league a season or two back.

Yes, that T10 was in the Emirates wasn't it? Very odd. Local players and a few English county pros, Pakistanis and West Indians. Good luck to them getting paid gigs, particularly in these times, but yes, I've seen higher quality cricket at my own club. In fact one of the West Indians played as a club pro in our league a season or two back.
That's the one, it was on at a very convenient time, matched up with my indoor bike sessions so I saw a fair bit of it.

I was really looking forward to the 3rd test starting on Channel 4 tomorrow...and being a day night affair, an 8.30am start is ideal

Except, it looks like I'll miss some of the first day (night) play, as an urgent work commission has just arrived that needs to be turned round rather quick, hey ho ..... If I can crack on now, and burn a bit of midnight oil after tonights home game, hopefully I wont miss too much of tomorrows play

First hurdle cleared successfully, Joe Root wins the toss, England to bat first.

I had a similar experience, England v South Africa at The Oval. South Africa batted the whole day, and scored something like 260-1. Hour after hour of Amla defence.

Wasn’t that the Lords test from 2008?

I was there for that hoping for England to make fine use of the follow on. Neil McKenzie was so, so, so boring to watch.

Anyways, England have won the toss! 😍

Wasn’t that the Lords test from 2008?

I was there for that hoping for England to make fine use of the follow on. Neil McKenzie was so, so, so boring to watch.

Anyways, England have won the toss! 😍
No, Oval in 2012...

We were there for Day 3. South Africa started on 86/1, and ended it on 403/2... A Long day in the field.

That's a hell of a long walk to the middle and back with no runs to your name.

Imagine he thought he hit it. Bit selfish not even consulting his partner.

Back
Top Bottom