• ****Join the YF Fantasy EFL League: HERE. ****

Cricket - Summer 2024

Went to Worcester with a group of friends on Friday to watch a T20 against Warwickshire. Ticket £20

Enjoyable experience.

Train from Charlbury £14 with friends railcard, an hours journey. 10 minute walk to the ground. Get there a bit earlier and have a look round Worcester Cathedral.
Good price.
I am going to watch Gloucestershire play a T20 at the Cheltenham festival, and that is costing £32.50 and is likely to sell out.

I went many years ago to the Cheltenham festival, nice setting amongst the college buildings. Iirc it was against Lancs in the John Player League. Neil Fairbrother was definitely playing.

Always used to go to Moreton in Marsh to watch Gloucestershire in the JPL, they always had one game there each season. Those were in the days of the great South African all rounder Mike Proctor, what a player he was! As kids we could sit on the grass right next to boundary rope. Then go onto the outfield between innings to play impromptu games, you could even get up close and have a look at the wicket.

I went many years ago to the Cheltenham festival, nice setting amongst the college buildings. Iirc it was against Lancs in the John Player League. Neil Fairbrother was definitely playing.

Always used to go to Moreton in Marsh to watch Gloucestershire in the JPL, they always had one game there each season. Those were in the days of the great South African all rounder Mike Proctor, what a player he was! As kids we could sit on the grass right next to boundary rope. Then go onto the outfield between innings to play impromptu games, you could even get up close and have a look at the wicket.
Procter is still one of my all time favourite players. If it hadn't been for South Africa's ban he would have been up there with Beefy as one of the best all rounders in the world.
Saw him in the Parks when playing against the University team. A fearsome bowler and powerful batter who once hit six sixes off consecutive balls, though not all in the same over. Sadly died in February.

Procter is still one of my all time favourite players. If it hadn't been for South Africa's ban he would have been up there with Beefy as one of the best all rounders in the world.
Saw him in the Parks when playing against the University team. A fearsome bowler and powerful batter who once hit six sixes off consecutive balls, though not all in the same over. Sadly died in February.

Great all rounder, loved watching him tear in bowling off the wrong foot.

Good price.
I am going to watch Gloucestershire play a T20 at the Cheltenham festival, and that is costing £32.50 and is likely to sell out.
Surrey were charging £37 in advance for an adult T20 ticket v Glamorgan and more on the day. Rip-off Britain.

Surrey were charging £37 in advance for an adult T20 ticket v Glamorgan and more on the day. Rip-off Britain.
I.am hoping to go to one day of the England v Sri Lanka U19 Test Match at Cheltenham.
£11 a ticket, so that's fine.

Leicestershire Foxes home matches in the T20 are £20 for an adult.

£18 a day for the County Championship on days 2,3 & 4 - free on the first day.

I've just seen that the ICC have set it up so that India are guaranteed to be playing in the second semi-final in Guyana.

So if India win today, then we'll be playing them on Thursday. But if the Aussies win today and end up topping the table on run rate, then we'll be playing them in the first semi-final in Trinidad.

What an utterly, absurdly unfair system. England are sitting around, twiddling their thumbs, not knowing what Caribbean island to travel to - whilst India have known where and when their semi-final would be played (if they got there) since before the tournament started.

And all because the second semi-final is on at a more convenient time for Indian TV. ICC is just in the pocket of Indian advertisers.

And if that's not all bad enough......the second semi-final doesn't have a reserve day in case of rain. The weather forecast for Guyana on Thursday is currently "Rain showers in the morning with numerous thunderstorms developing in the afternoon." And if they can't play, the group winner will move on to the final automatically.

For all those reasons, we ought to be cheering for a rapid Aussie win (as much as it hurts to do so)!

I've just seen that the ICC have set it up so that India are guaranteed to be playing in the second semi-final in Guyana.

So if India win today, then we'll be playing them on Thursday. But if the Aussies win today and end up topping the table on run rate, then we'll be playing them in the first semi-final in Trinidad.

What an utterly, absurdly unfair system. England are sitting around, twiddling their thumbs, not knowing what Caribbean island to travel to - whilst India have known where and when their semi-final would be played (if they got there) since before the tournament started.

And all because the second semi-final is on at a more convenient time for Indian TV. ICC is just in the pocket of Indian advertisers.

And if that's not all bad enough......the second semi-final doesn't have a reserve day in case of rain. The weather forecast for Guyana on Thursday is currently "Rain showers in the morning with numerous thunderstorms developing in the afternoon." And if they can't play, the group winner will move on to the final automatically.

For all those reasons, we ought to be cheering for a rapid Aussie win (as much as it hurts to do so)!
I hadn't realised that. Disgraceful.
Aussis have given it a very good go, but India seem well on top.

Just caught up with the AFG v BAN game. An outrageous piece of gamesmanship from Afghanistan when their slip threw himself to the ground feigning injury. At the time it had just started to rain and they were two runs ahead on DLS.

Just caught up with the AFG v BAN game. An outrageous piece of gamesmanship from Afghanistan when their slip threw himself to the ground feigning injury. At the time it had just started to rain and they were two runs ahead on DLS.

Nice for it to happen to the Aussies and they get on the wrong end of cheating as they've done it plenty enough.

Back
Top Bottom