Sport Cricket - Summer 2022

Oh dear.
England two down at lunch still 120 behind.
SA 320 in the first innings. England have to start scoring runs in the first Innings. 166 was quite pathetic again.

Absolutely nothing happening at Lord's at all. Not a thing.

tumblr_nj75y6ui4A1s2wio8o1_500.gif

94-6 2nd innings .... SA may not even need their 2nd innings to win this test !

Edgar's pre match comments have been oroved right to a certain extent

England collapse to 149 all out, and an Innings and 12 run defeat. What an absolute shocker of a performance. OK the Saffers had the benefit of the conditions on the first day, but that attempt at batting today was woeful.

England collapse to 149 all out, and an Innings and 12 run defeat. What an absolute shocker of a performance. OK the Saffers had the benefit of the conditions on the first day, but that attempt at batting today was woeful.
Very poor all round. We lost our momentum from New Zealand. Its all very well giving the players a break but some have had no red ball cricket or any to speak of since and consequently many looked rusty.
Also a lesson that you can’t always win games by trying to hit the ball to all parts of the ground. Innings have to be measured to suit the state of the match.

It's also a different kind of bowling attack we're facing here. NZ mirrors ours to a great extent - mostly about skill and seam.

SA have some serious raw pace, aggression and hostility. Sometimes when you're facing that, you've just got to grit your teeth, hang in there and wait them out. Not exactly what we're set up to do just now!

We gifted our wickets away. I don’t actually think Ankel Nortje is that good a bowler, and with a bit of patience, and better shot selection we’d of made them bat again.

Poor from the batsmen all the way down the order. I can’t believe how far we’ve fallen.

So I got up this morning looking forward to watching a couple of hours of Cricket before making the trip to the Kassam, then............the reality sank in.
Bl***y useless England.

So, to Old Trafford for the second Test.
Robinson in for Potts.
SA appear to be in fire at the moment. We need a decent score in the first innings

Batting unit fails in test match twice, drop a bowler. Yep, that makes sense.

The problem with Crawley is how far will they push it? If he gets two ducks, what next?
The coach was suggesting that Crawley could be a matchwinner, but if he fails this time I would assume that he nay be taken out of the firing line

Well the bowlers and fielders are doing their jobs so far. A good morning for England.

Well the bowlers and fielders are doing their jobs so far. A good morning for England.
Add a necessary bit of luck and that's a good morning. They've slightly weakened their batting line-up by replacing Jansen with Harmer - hopefully we'll use the conditions to bowl at the tail and not simply try and bounce them out!

Very strange decision by SA to bat first. You've just hammered England having inserted them at Lords, you rock up to an overcast Manchester with a bit of humidity still in the air and choose to bat first. Not that I'm complaining, mind!

Back
Top Bottom