Sport Cricket - Summer 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever the result today. It’s been a thoroughly enjoyable ODI. Both teams have been very good, Although with some better fielding Pakistan may have been home and hosed by now. A few miss fields, and over throws too. A bit sloppy from them in the field, but batted very nicely today.

Especially Babar Azam and Rizwan

Despite being on the losing side I’d give Babar Azam MOTM. I really enjoyed his craftsmanship and all round batting display today.
I saw him start his innings before I had to go back to work, took him 15 balls to score a run, and looked really out of touch. Hung in there though, and showed his class at the end.

What a series win for England.

Scratch team, albeit one where some the XI had international experience, and yet played like Morgan was marshalling them. Stokes has clearly learned a bit from the regular captain.

Much better from Pakistan this time too. A few less rash decisions at the end of their innings and 20 more runs and it could have been really close.

I saw him start his innings before I had to go back to work, took him 15 balls to score a run, and looked really out of touch. Hung in there though, and showed his class at the end.

Yeah he took a while to get going, but he hung around put a few bad balls away, and constructed his innings beautifully.

He had good support from Imam, and Rizwan. I enjoyed it.

Great win! And your second XI winning an ODI series against Pakistan is something to give then great confidence going forward. I think there will be a few of the first choice players practicing just that bit harder ...

What a series win for England.

Scratch team, albeit one where some the XI had international experience, and yet played like Morgan was marshalling them. Stokes has clearly learned a bit from the regular captain.

Much better from Pakistan this time too. A few less rash decisions at the end of their innings and 20 more runs and it could have been really close.
Stokes seems an aggressive captain in the mould of Morgan.
I wonder if Stokes could succeed Morgan as Captain in the White ball side ?

2nd t20 today (2.30 ....aka japanese dentist time) ....england 0-1 down in this t20 series....hoping for an England win to level it up

T Curran has a lot to answer for. He had better bowl well now after running Livingstone out when he was just stepping on the accelerator. He hit the biggest six I've ever seen, and we were looking on course for 220 at that stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom