Matches Crewe

So, Bazzer, you now know the bit I didn’t let on, which Malc alluded to late last night. I knew everything would erupt on here, so didn’t feel comfortable in saying that Crewe were accusing Oxford of getting Tuesdays game PP. But that was what I was told. And there were a few rumours going round between Crewe fans

My opinion, for what it’s worth, is that we, the fans, are the ones who truly suffer. I, as I am sure you lot were as well, was looking forward to the game on Tuesday. Watching football breaks up the monotony of s**t that we are all experiencing atm. If football clubs, and I include both clubs here, are gonna behave like this, what chance do we have of the season finishing?

Cut the s**t and work together.

The guys seems to have lost the plot. Trust the EFL to do f**k all.

And just to think
Seriously... what the hell happened on Tuesday night? Why was the game called off?!
some of the s**t I got for asking questions which weren’t answered although @Malcolm had a pm conversation with @Crewe and this bloke down the pub and apparently he was Given the explanation which apparently was what happened so someone is telling lies

As @Jerome'SAle mentions above, the first line of the second paragraph answers that. If the Club, being Crewe, considered the guidance from the EFL and government and realised the game couldn't go ahead, so be it.

Artell's comments are even more bewildering. If the EFL statement mentions his club was the reason behind the postponement, how on earth can he say he doesn't know the reason why? Has no executive at Crewe whatsoever explained it to him? Has Artell not asked his board, chairman, MD, whoever in the last three days why the game couldn't go ahead?

Pick up a phone, send a text/email, seek out the relevant person in their office. Your club called it off, David Artell, you seek out the answers before spinning this back on Oxford.
No, Artell is saying the EFL instructed Crewe to call it off.

So, Bazzer, you now know the bit I didn’t let on, which Malc alluded to late last night. I knew everything would erupt on here, so didn’t feel comfortable in saying that Crewe were accusing Oxford of getting Tuesdays game PP. But that was what I was told. And there were a few rumours going round between Crewe fans

My opinion, for what it’s worth, is that we, the fans, are the ones who truly suffer. I, as I am sure you lot were as well, was looking forward to the game on Tuesday. Watching football breaks up the monotony of s**t that we are all experiencing atm. If football clubs, and I include both clubs here, are gonna behave like this, what chance do we have of the season finishing?

Question for you @Crewe. Who exactly called the game off? EFL statement says that your team couldn't fulfil the fixture. That implies someone at your end had to inform the EFL about this.

Artell says 'the board' were incredulous about the game not going ahead too which suggests it was not one of them.

And just to think

some of the s**t I got for asking questions which weren’t answered although @Malcolm had a pm conversation with @Crewe and this bloke down the pub and apparently he was Given the explanation which apparently was what happened so someone is telling lies
Bazza, every question you asked was already answered. Everything that was sent to Malc was relayed in that thread. The only thing I didn’t say was Crewe were accusing Oxford of reporting them to PHE, because I knew it would go down like a lead balloon.

No I don’t know what you spoke to @Malc about but either you or Artell are talking B*****s

No, Artell is saying the EFL instructed Crewe to call it off.

So the EFL pressured Crewe into calling it off. And no one thought to ask any more questions than that? No 'whys' or evidence provided showing that your team had a clean bill of health?

Bazza, every question you asked was already answered. Everything that was sent to Malc was relayed in that thread. The only thing I didn’t say was Crewe were accusing Oxford of reporting them to PHE, because I knew it would go down like a lead balloon.
Well why was Tuesdays game called off?
And the question today is who’s telling porkies?
Oh I forgot did Crewe travel on Tuesday

So the EFL pressured Crewe into calling it off. And no one thought to ask any more questions than that? No 'whys' or evidence provided showing that your team had a clean bill of health?
If true then something happened at Crewe

Question for you @Crewe. Who exactly called the game off? EFL statement says that your team couldn't fulfil the fixture. That implies someone at your end had to inform the EFL about this.

Artell says 'the board' were incredulous about the game not going ahead too which suggests it was not one of them.

In one of the articles released today (not sure which one) Artell says the EFL called it off. I was told PHE called it off, and the EFL relayed that to the club. So that differs slightly to what Artell said.

However artell did say PHE had been into the training ground this week to check the clubs protocols. So PHE have definitely been involved. So it seems to me that they have lent on the EFL. I was told ‘we can’t play again until we get the squad tested’. That has got to have come from PHE.

TBH I can understand our club's concerns. It seems like Crewe did not do full squad testing after Wintle was +ve and only took this action after Beckles +ve test became public. More players then did test +ve last week so I can understand that we would want some assurance that the squad coming down Tuesday had current tests. If there was any ambiguity or lack of clarity over that from Crewe then to protect our players has to be paramount.
The behaviour of Crewe on 3rd Oct probably undermined our confidence that they are following protocols and thus raised our concerns to a higher level.

What I was told is essentially, Crewe couldn’t play again until they tested everyone. That came from PHE. And there was no time before tuesdays game to do that. That is what I was told, and this the only logical explanation anyway IMO.

I was also told Oxford reported Crewe to PHE because Beckles was in the squad Saturday. To me, that’s semantics. The end result was PHE got involved, and it doesn’t really matter how.

What I was told is essentially, Crewe couldn’t play again until they tested everyone. That came from PHE. And there was no time before tuesdays game to do that. That is what I was told, and this the only logical explanation anyway IMO.

I was also told Oxford reported Crewe to PHE because Beckles was in the squad Saturday. To me, that’s semantics. The end result was PHE got involved, and it doesn’t really matter how.
So why where we only informed at 3pm and not say 9am?

Ok - so if (and this is not officially confirmed yet) Oxford did report Crewe to PHE then what is the harm in that? I know from seniors at OUFC that they were genuinely shocked at the lax attitude of Crewe officials regarding the first postponement. PHE presumably would then talk to Crewe and ascertain if C19 protocols have been followed or not. If they have, it's game on, if they haven't it's game off and KR has every right to start questioning their behaviour and whether points should be awarded. Given the first episode, I'm not surprised that OUFC asked PHE to check that all was well at Gresty Road.

I'm not trying to score any points here (no pun intended) but what in the above summary could be deemed poor behaviour by OUFC? If I have a concern about the safety of my employees at work due to a third party's actions, the first thing I would do is seek the intervention of the right Executive Body to ensure that regulations are being adhered to. Indeed, not to do so could be seen as a dereliction of my duty of care responsibilities to my staff and could land me in hot water and facing legal claims.

Back
Top Bottom