League One Crewe continued ...

The irony of them hopefully having to field a weakened team after joking about doing the same to us!
What would be of interest if they’ve got 4 confirmed cases is to see if the 18 names on the team sheet last Saturday and see if there are 4 different names on next Tuesdays list

The mentality of the man is beyond belief, or straight out of the Trump manual on dealing with a pandemic. He's got 4 positive tests and still thinks it's ok to plan on playing this weekend!

What would be of interest if they’ve got 4 confirmed cases is to see if the 18 names on the team sheet last Saturday and see if there are 4 different names on next Tuesdays list

They'll have Wintle and Beckles back I think for the game as they will have finished their self isolation.

Not before another test showing negative, they won't. Who knows how many more positives Crewe will have by then as well. I'd bet on the game being called off.

I'd have thought both of those will have it ASAP and the rest of the squad will I'd assume* with the Wigan game this weekend.

*I appreciate where Crewe are concerned, and their lackadaisical approach to testing, that is a massive assumption.

How come Crewe we’re playing today?
i thought their players were supposed to be in isolation

How come Crewe we’re playing today?
i thought their players were supposed to be in isolation

I think the rules are different for professional level sport. The team have been tested and the two that have Covid are self-isolating. The rest are free to train. If every side had to self isolate or stop training for every Covid test, you just wouldn’t have any games played at all.

For us non-footballing folk, we would have to self isolate if anyone in our household had a positive result.

Tranmere made 7 changes today due to Covid and still played at Salford.

I think the rules are different for professional level sport. The team have been tested and the two that have Covid are self-isolating. The rest are free to train. If every side had to self isolate or stop training for every Covid test, you just wouldn’t have any games played at all.

For us non-footballing folk, we would have to self isolate if anyone in our household had a positive result.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54453593

This was with the Scotland national team this week. Armstrong tested positive, Tierney & Christie identified as close contacts so have to self-isolate for 14 days (despite the fact they tested negative), and already ruled out of club games on the 17th.

Surely they can have another test say the middle of the next week (heck, they can afford to do one every day if they want) and then if clear can resume playing? If that's not true, then why are Crewe allowed to do what they are doing (with far less testing)?

I'll be honest, I'm really confused by it all now.

I'd be more concerned with the fact Ryan Wintle & Omar Beckles both played in the game!
That’s crazy surely they haven’t got over there isolation period yet didn’t think they would be available for Tuesday ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54453593

This was with the Scotland national team this week. Armstrong tested positive, Tierney & Christie identified as close contacts so have to self-isolate for 14 days (despite the fact they tested negative), and already ruled out of club games on the 17th.

Surely they can have another test say the middle of the next week (heck, they can afford to do one every day if they want) and then if clear can resume playing? If that's not true, then why are Crewe allowed to do what they are doing (with far less testing)?

I'll be honest, I'm really confused by it all now.

Your final line sums it up.

How did Beckles play today when the positive test was seven days ago?!

Your final line sums it up.

How did Beckles play today when the positive test was seven days ago?!

If you’re positive isn’t it 10 days isolation?, but 14 days isolation for those you came into contact with?

So yeah, either way how was he even playing ?

Bloody confusing.

If you’re positive isn’t it 10 days isolation?, but 14 days isolation for those you came into contact with?

So yeah, either way how was he even playing ?

Bloody confusing.

I thought it was 7 days for an elite sportsperson?

I cant work it out at all.
We went to the dentist on Monday, had a phone call on Tuesday to tell us that the nurse was CV positive. The following day we are told the risk is minimal. That is after I’ve rescheduled my diary for the coming week.
Yet the Crewe players are allowed to play football after a few days.
inexplicable

Back
Top Bottom