League Two Crawley bought by WAGMI United

Steve Lamacq off of 6 Music supports them. They once played the non league club across from my parents. Most clubs have their old established fans, apart from Wycombe, MK, Salford etc.

Indeed he does. I remember manically swearing at the radio once as he played the highlights of them beating us 3-2 at home in the nightmare season before we started at the Kassam.

Worst teams in the FL:

Stevenage (nearly gone)
Crawley (on their way)
Salford (yet to hit decline)
Colchester (devoid of substance)
Sutton (Dog and Duck FC)
Harsh on Sutton United. They were a cool giant killer club for years. Agree on the rest though

Heres hoping it all goes to pot.
They’ve signed 10 of the existing squad on new 2 year deals. They are currently 12th. Looking forward to seeing them fulfil the Twitter boast of them going unbeaten next season.

Harsh on Sutton United. They were a cool giant killer club for years. Agree on the rest though

Yeah, for all that I find it hard to believe that Sutton United are in the football league now.....they have brought in bigger crowds than plenty of teams in League Two this year (averaging over 3k), as well as Accrington.

Including Forest Green.
However much money their minted treehugger owner funnels into the club, they will still always be a village side in Gloucestershire!
Clearly going to be the next Rushden & Diamonds as and when he gets bored.

Yeah, for all that I find it hard to believe that Sutton United are in the football league now.....they have brought in bigger crowds than plenty of teams in League Two this year (averaging over 3k), as well as Accrington.

Including Forest Green.
However much money their minted treehugger owner funnels into the club, they will still always be a village side in Gloucestershire!
Clearly going to be the next Rushden & Diamonds as and when he gets bored.
Sutton United are a decent club, bit of a grim area but I wish them the best if they get to League One. Unreal achievement with a small budget. I remember going there out of interest when they were in the National South. They were selling Season Tickets for something like £129 at the time which I thought was nice for the community.

"An example of what this means in practice comes on Friday, with NFT-holders able to vote on whether the team should strengthen in attack, midfield or defence. The club's season ticket-holders are invited to take part too. And Johnson's own role - plus that of fellow co-chairman Eben Smith - will be subject to vote if they haven't won promotion in two seasons."

Can you imagine if we did the same??? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

These sort of things always end well. Best they can hope for is the new owners are gone quickly and don’t do to much damage, if not it will be AFC in the Sussex league within a few years.

Is it actually possible to read or hear of that and not want the whole thing to die horribly?
Yeah sod em, it’s not like they are a grand old club. They don’t really have any fans so I don’t know who will be engaging in this online stuff

Back
Top Bottom