League Two Crawley bought by WAGMI United

OUFCGav

WAGMI United LLC currently have a holding webpage and some social media presence, and apparently "WAGMI United is a decentralised autonomous organisation (DAO), a group governed by computer coding — usually in the form of crypto tokens. Anyone who holds these tokens can vote on matters related to the DAO. The decisions are carried out by automated contracts. No middlemen, no bosses."
Not sure how that could meet the transparency requirements for EFL club ownership.

There's a sports newsletter I signed up to, and the guy who runs it is involved too,

interview here, I haven't listened to it yet

"So if Crawley Town Football Club doesn't get promoted to League One by the end of our second season, which we think is about 50/50, then we under-performed. If we underperform, Crawley Town fans should get to vote on who the next directors of the club are. We might run for reelection because it was clearly all Preston's fault, but we don’t just get to hold the fanbase hostage because our dad invented Cablevision."

giphy.gif

A slightly different version of MyFC when they bought Ebbsfleet.

Worst teams in the FL:

Stevenage (nearly gone)
Crawley (on their way)
Salford (yet to hit decline)
Colchester (devoid of substance)
Sutton (Dog and Duck FC)

Worst teams in the FL:

Stevenage (nearly gone)
Crawley (on their way)
Sutton (Dog and Duck FC)
I disagree with Colchester. I’d replace them with Forest Green, Wycombe, Orient, Barrow and Newport.

• Wow
Reactions: Ian
I disagree with Colchester. I’d replace them with Forest Green, Wycombe, Orient, Barrow and Newport.
I think FGR has a USP, regardless of how antithetical it actually is to the game of football. They are a novelty at least (until they beat us).

Wycombe actually have a few fans which kept them off my list.

I actually love to hate Orient, that grudge match at theirs a few years back was a banger.

Barrow you're probably right.

Newport are good at the whole plucky underdog schtick and they represent a real working class town, but I did consider them.

I think FGR has a USP, regardless of how antithetical it actually is to the game of football. They are a novelty at least (until they beat us).

I actually love to hate Orient, that grudge match at theirs a few years back was a banger.

Newport are good at the whole plucky underdog schtick and they represent a real working class town, but I did consider them.

Disagree on Barrow. It is out there for a trip but it is cracking for a weekender with the Lakes next door and they are a proper club that were in the FL before. Also, if Newport is a real working class town then Barrow definitely is as well with Shipbuilding etc.

Forest Green are a hobby club just like Salford.

Worst teams in the FL:

Stevenage (nearly gone)
Crawley (on their way)
Sutton (Dog and Duck FC)
Colchester is a proper old club, from Essex and they used to have a good striped kit. Also Sutton were an established non league outfit like High Wycombe. Forest Green are manufactured and should be on the list - Orient, Barrow and Newport are proper old skool clubs.

Colchester is a proper old club, from Essex and they used to have a good striped kit. Also Sutton were an established non league outfit like High Wycombe. Forest Green are manufactured and should be on the list - Orient, Barrow and Newport are proper old skool clubs.
I'd swap out Sutton for Dag and Red.

In other news isn't it great that Stevenage might be replaced by Stockport. That's about as plastic ~ real a swap as you can get!

Worst teams in the FL:

Stevenage (nearly gone)
Crawley (on their way)
Sutton (Dog and Duck FC)

Harsh on Col. U for me, although I won't deny they're an absolute nothing club.

No arguments otherwise.

Harsh on Col. U for me, although I won't deny they're an absolute nothing club.

No arguments otherwise.
Steve Lamacq off of 6 Music supports them. They once played the non league club across from my parents. Most clubs have their old established fans, apart from Wycombe, MK, Salford etc.

• React
Reactions: MJB
I listened to the podcast and they are deluded. The only relevant point he made was that Wrexham are in the national league and Crawley are in league 2. So they are starting from a league higher. They mixed up one up from national league and two down from L2.
Wrexham could support a much bigger fan base than Crawley ever will.

Also talking about Crawley missing low hanging fruit like beer sales and pre match food.

It’s almost like Thomas Aguierro was back at Oxford City.

New towns like Crawley, Stevenage, Milton Keynes are always going to struggle to build a fan base, most of the people moved out from outer London and already support clubs, kids grow up with those clubs as well.

Forest Green are just the new Rushden and Diamonds, they will disappear as soon as there owner decides he wants to live up a tree or something.

I always hope we get Orient away in the first round of the FA Cup, cracking day out and a nice bit of malice there, plus they are s**t (obviously we could still throw away a lead) so it’s an ideal draw.

Back
Top Bottom