Craig Bellamy the new favourite!!

No ta, would love someone with experience and a good track record (although I was coming around to liking Unsworth before he said no).

Although at the moment I am not sure there are many like this to choose from. It is a bit worrying all of these rumors about being turned down. They may not be true but even the fact they exist can be hurtful to the clubs reputation. If they are true I wonder if this is fall out from our owners recent detachment from the club?

This whole situation is saying a lot I think about the attitude of certain managers or potential managers. It seems they are getting inflated opinions of themselves like players (of which some were). Its like a kid from school who refuses a junior position because they want to walk straight into senior management.

Pep's failure was more on him than the club, he was supported bringing in his players he was give 2 thirds of a season in which the club went massively in reverse in terms of on pitch performances. He simply had to go and this was on him. If his treatment is affecting potential candidates judgement then they are not looking at us properly.

The fact is OUFC is still a good club to cut your teeth with. We have a reasonable setup, a good youth system and a potentially decent enough squad (maybe not for promotion but for a comfortable finish). I am sure DE is realistic enough to not demand promotion this season, so you have a job to walk into in which you get a relatively low pressure third of a season , followed by a job that is by no means impossible. This should be a massive draw to up and coming managers. We may not be a championship club but we are also not in the mess that some of those clubs are in. Moderate success here (not so difficult) and much better options open up for you than you would get otherwise.

The fact is I think OUFC can do better than Bellamy, it would be a sad indictment of the game if can not.

Has anyone turned us down? Ruling yourself out isn't the same as turning us down... You can only turn something down if you've actually been offered it and, from what I can tell, we're still considering options and talking to people and haven't actually offered it to anyone yet.

Michael Appleton ruled himself out a couple of weeks ago, but I wouldn't say he'd "turned us down"...

True turned us down may be the wrong term. I suppose it shows we have no clue as to what is happening. You hear stories about us offering the job though. I hope no one who is genuinely wanting a decent managerial job would turn us down.

As it stands, it seems likely that nothing is going to happen now for at least 10 days so everybody should just chill out and support Faz and the team for the next 3 games and see where that takes us. Who knows? By then we could be just a couple of points outside the playoff, who wouldn’t want Faz to carry on, at least until the end of the season, then?!

As it stands, it seems likely that nothing is going to happen now for at least 10 days so everybody should just chill out and support Faz and the team for the next 3 games and see where that takes us. Who knows? By then we could be just a couple of points outside the playoff, who wouldn’t want Faz to carry on, at least until the end of the season, then?!
If Faz has it till then end of the season, in my opinion we have to have someone lined up whose immediately appointed once season has finished (1-2 weeks after) or Faz has to have it next season aswell. We cant afford to end the season with uncertainty about who our next boss is because ultimately we can't be missing out on out of contract targets like we did in summer.

who wouldn’t want Faz to carry on, at least until the end of the season, then?!

Assuming we continue like the Charlton performance it wouldn't be a bad thing, in fact I'm surprised no poster has demanded we don't recruit a manager now to avoid disturbing a winning team.

But shirley we need the new manager to assess how the existing players (has Gino not been fired yet?) fit into his plans and help direct the Darryl Eales Recruitment Squad to help ensure maximal value on and off the surface of the soon-to-be "Fortess Grenoble Road".

Getting all positive, now. Me.

If Faz has it till then end of the season, in my opinion we have to have someone lined up whose immediately appointed once season has finished (1-2 weeks after) or Faz has to have it next season aswell. We cant afford to end the season with uncertainty about who our next boss is because ultimately we can't be missing out on out of contract targets like we did in summer.
I’m possibly being very deluded but I suppose what I’m saying is let’s avoid rocking the boat too much while there’s still an outside chance of making the playoffs. My opinion has been influenced by saturdays performance of course. If we lose against the gas heads I’ll obviously be jumping over to t’other side of the fence! ?

Let us see what Faz can do. He will certainly get the backing of all Oxford fans on Saturday. Sercombe can do one. He will not get a good reception. Deservedly so.

Know someone who did his FAW Pro license course in Newport with Bellamy.

Said he was absolutely brilliant, and not at all how you’d expect him to be.

He had great ideas, energy and actually did his homework, unlike many of the other ex-pros. He was also the only pro to mingle and engage with the non pros. Some of the others were very cliquey and looked down their noses apparently.

If success is related to the number of tattoos, Bellamy must be the one.

Assuming we continue like the Charlton performance it wouldn't be a bad thing, in fact I'm surprised no poster has demanded we don't recruit a manager now to avoid disturbing a winning team.

But shirley we need the new manager to assess how the existing players (has Gino not been fired yet?) fit into his plans and help direct the Darryl Eales Recruitment Squad to help ensure maximal value on and off the surface of the soon-to-be "Fortess Grenoble Road".

Getting all positive, now. Me.
Who is this Shirley of whom you speak? Is she on the ever lengthening shortlist? Why haven’t the OM got onto this? Be good to have a woman......

Why’s that then? You loved him when he was here

Wethersoriginal - why does Sercs not deserve a good reception?. Is it because he had the audacity to leave us to further his playing career? is it because his move would take him closer to home? Grow up!
Feel free not to give the lad a decent reception. You will be in the minority mate. Sercs was great for us, we know he had a bust up with the management, but like most things there are two sides to any disagreement. Keep it real!

Why’s that then? You loved him when he was here

Wethersoriginal - why does Sercs not deserve a good reception?. Is it because he had the audacity to leave us to further his playing career? is it because his move would take him closer to home? Grow up!
Feel free not to give the lad a decent reception. You will be in the minority mate. Sercs was great for us, we know he had a bust up with the management, but like most things there are two sides to any disagreement. Keep it real!

Works both ways, he cups his ears in front of our fans at the away game, if he’s respectful he will get a good reception like maguire, I doubt sercs will be so held back in his celebrations as maguire was if they win in which case he can expect a bit back.

Good player for us, deserves a round of applause when his name is read out. But that’s it, he not our player, and singing songs for him during the game instead of supporting our own team is just wrong

Works both ways, he cups his ears in front of our fans at the away game, if he’s respectful he will get a good reception like maguire, I doubt sercs will be so held back in his celebrations as maguire was if they win in which case he can expect a bit back.

Good player for us, deserves a round of applause when his name is read out. But that’s it, he not our player, and singing songs for him during the game instead of supporting our own team is just wrong
This, no matter who the player once he's left the building be as respectful as he's been, but supporting the team is paramount.
How do you think our players thought when they heard and opposition players name being chanted throughout the game, I wonder what team that motivated to go on and push for a win...

Yes I was saying that he should get a good reception

Back
Top Bottom