EFL Cowley brothers

oufc1991

Could the Cowley brothers finally be leaving Lincoln city apparently of to sheff weds or maybe Huddersfield would that derail Lincoln or are they an attractive team now where an up and coming manager could go in and carry on the job maybe super sol lol

They've done well but their brand of long ball football isn't what I'd want to watch.

Nathan Jones probably regrets leaving Luton for Stoke, would be brave to turn down a move but I'd argue better in the long run. Neither club in great shape at the moment, whereas Lincoln seem to have momentum + put a decent team together

To be fair, Lincoln City are playing some nice stuff this season, most of the sloggers and long ball hoofers have departed the club and play the ball around quite crisply, my work has a hospitality box at the ground so I went along to the Everton match last week, they pushed them all the way, I left the ground thinking we will have our work cut out if they play like that against us in a few weeks, however I am so looking forward to us taking 3 points from The Imps.

Sheffield Wednesday would be a good move but I’d steer clear of Huddersfield. New owner who isn’t as invested as the predecessor and I think they could drop again.

Sheffield Wednesday would be a good move but I’d steer clear of Huddersfield. New owner who isn’t as invested as the predecessor and I think they could drop again.

The Huddersfield owner used to own Southport and according to some of their supporters he is a loon.

Sheffield Wednesday looks a good move for them. They originate from around Braintree and did phenomenally well before making the break at a professional club.
Good luck in whatever they choose to do. I thought Ipswich would be right for them but I think they are on the way up with Lambert in charge

Been appointed then.. will that disrupt Lincolns momentum?

They had to get out of Lincoln. it was becoming to risky to stay, results then begin to fall away and before you know it stagnation sets in. They could have easily gone off the radar of championship clubs if Lincoln had hit the slippery slope.

Apparently their £140,000 a year salary at Lincoln City was put into perspective now Huddersfield Town are paying them £750,000 a year for their services, seems everyone has a price.
To be fair two promotions in 3 years, a run in the FA cup that brought the club in a tidy sum of money and a winner at Wembley in The Check-a-trade trophy, they have certainly earned their move, the hope now is that the team they left behind may be de-railed for a few weeks.....

Apparently their £140,000 a year salary at Lincoln City was put into perspective now Huddersfield Town are paying them £750,000 a year for their services, seems everyone has a price.
To be fair two promotions in 3 years, a run in the FA cup that brought the club in a tidy sum of money and a winner at Wembley in The Check-a-trade trophy, they have certainly earned their move, the hope now is that the team they left behind may be de-railed for a few weeks.....
Yes I can believe those figures, incredible isn’t it?

Imps at home to Gasss today

Is that £140k / £750k each or for the pair?

They had to get out of Lincoln. it was becoming to risky to stay, results then begin to fall away and before you know it stagnation sets in. They could have easily gone off the radar of championship clubs if Lincoln had hit the slippery slope.

Course, the danger is that, if you pick the wrong job, you do a Nathan Jones.

Stunning success at Luton; moved to Stoke and now they've netted one point from seven Championship games, and he seems to be struggling to keep the big egos of a bunch of former Premiership players in check.

If he gets canned there - and he can't have too long left, because with their parachute payments, they were planning on competing for automatic promotion this season, not a relegation battle - then he's probably a lower league manager for life from then on.

The Cowleys may do better - but it sounds like the owners at Huddersfield are a bit bonkers, and the team is struggling every bit as much as Stoke.

Course, the danger is that, if you pick the wrong job, you do a Nathan Jones.

Stunning success at Luton; moved to Stoke and now they've netted one point from seven Championship games, and he seems to be struggling to keep the big egos of a bunch of former Premiership players in check.

If he gets canned there - and he can't have too long left, because with their parachute payments, they were planning on competing for automatic promotion this season, not a relegation battle - then he's probably a lower league manager for life from then on.

The Cowleys may do better - but it sounds like the owners at Huddersfield are a bit bonkers, and the team is struggling every bit as much as Stoke.
Huddersfield seem to be in freefall so the Cowleys will do very well to keep them up
As you mention, there is Nathan Joned and dont forget Paul Hurst who went from Shrewsbury to Ipswich as well.

Huddersfield seem to be in freefall so the Cowleys will do very well to keep them up
As you mention, there is Nathan Joned and dont forget Paul Hurst who went from Shrewsbury to Ipswich as well.

Very true - and he's now struggling badly at Scunthorpe as well. Doubt he'll be in any serious consideration for a Championship job again.

Even Eddie Howe didn't do anything when he moved from League One Bournemouth to Championship Burnley.

I really think that for a Lower League manager, the 'Wilder' model is better.
Rather than jump from a league you're performing well in, with a small club, to a higher league that you've never experienced before - instead find the bigger club, in the division you know, that really has hit rock bottom and build them up from there.