National News Covidiots.....

Reminds me of the time down in South Wales years ago when vigilante vandals thought they had a paedophile living amongst them and sprayed ‘paedo’ on the house of......a paediatrician.
I remember that and it highlights just how stupid and ignorant a proportion of the population are and, unfortunately, will probably always be. And they're not all estate agents from Romford. I recall the very day after the Brexit referendum results became known the house of a Polish family in Northampton was daubed with 'foreigners out now', although 'foreigners' was almost certainly mis-spelt.

The dim are amongst us, unreachable and largely getting away with it.

It’s funny how some people in the public eye are seen as good targets for this high jinks laddish behaviour, yet others are rarely given the chance to join in with their fun.
For example Rugby players or Boxers?

Maybe it’s just a case of not being recognised? 🤔

I watched a video once where a few drunk lads decided to pick on a couple of men dressed as women, unfortunately for the lads it was a couple of cage fighters in fancy dress for a stag do, think the fight lasted all of 4 seconds and ended up with unconscious drunks and the two cage fighters strolling away with their dresses barely disheveled, it made amusing viewing.

I watched a video once where a few drunk lads decided to pick on a couple of men dressed as women, unfortunately for the lads it was a couple of cage fighters in fancy dress for a stag do, think the fight lasted all of 4 seconds and ended up with unconscious drunks and the two cage fighters strolling away with their dresses barely disheveled, it made amusing viewing.

From 1:40 on...didn't even drop his handbag!

Reminds me of the time down in South Wales years ago when vigilante vandals thought they had a paedophile living amongst them and sprayed ‘paedo’ on the house of......a paediatrician.
Do you have a link? That’s funny due to the level of stupidity.

Apparently according Mr Rees-Mogg, if you 'know somebody', then that means you can't catch Covid off them. For someone who is clearly private-school educated, that is the most sensible thing he's ever said.

They don't all live together, do they? No wonder we've got the highest infection rates in Europe with these idiots in charge - and pandering to their fellow idiots in the population.

Apparently in the Commons, none of the Tory MPs are wearing masks during crowded debates, almost as some sort of bizarre point of principle. What on earth are they thinking, when their advice is to do exactly the opposite? And then they will blame the rise in cases and deaths on OTHER people not following guidance!

Apparently in the Commons, none of the Tory MPs are wearing masks during crowded debates, almost as some sort of bizarre point of principle. What on earth are they thinking, when their advice is to do exactly the opposite? And then they will blame the rise in cases and deaths on OTHER people not following guidance!
Their advice is half-hearted and unconvincing, as they are more concerned with pandering to their supporters and to business than preserving public health. They set the tone, and people are following it by apparently behaving as if the pandemic was over.

For a lot of people it is over though? Everything is open and you can just carry on as you like.
Personally I very much doubt that every one wearing cloth face masks when they go shopping would massively dent the numbers, so it’s a case of places open and numbers high or shutting stuff down and reducing numbers (but those numbers going up as soon as you reopen).
The cost of living life is this virus spreading, I guess most of us are comfortable enough with that to just get on with it. It’s certainly never going anywhere.

For a lot of people it is over though? Everything is open and you can just carry on as you like.
Personally I very much doubt that every one wearing cloth face masks when they go shopping would massively dent the numbers, so it’s a case of places open and numbers high or shutting stuff down and reducing numbers (but those numbers going up as soon as you reopen).
The cost of living life is this virus spreading, I guess most of us are comfortable enough with that to just get on with it. It’s certainly never going anywhere.
We have infection rates many times those in the rest of Europe. In most European countries, inc Scotland, masks are still required and more caution is exercised - though not to the extent of stopping fun or economic activity. 50,000 new cases a day and 1,000+ deaths a week aren't 'just getting on with it'. It's certainly never going anywhere if people pretend it's not a problem.

We have infection rates many times those in the rest of Europe. In most European countries, inc Scotland, masks are still required and more caution is exercised - though not to the extent of stopping fun or economic activity. 50,000 new cases a day and 1,000+ deaths a week aren't 'just getting on with it'. It's certainly never going anywhere if people pretend it's not a problem.
Mask wearing will come back into force very soon and the way things are going further restrictions will have to come back.

Haven`t stopped wearing a mask in indoor environments with strangers.
Doesn`t stop us from going out or doing stuff we just think about the surroundings.

Maybe that is the challenge for many.
Yes exactly, masks are probably not significant in themselves but they are a reminder to be a bit more sensible and cautious.

I am sure all of us would *like* it to be over. But it isn't.

An observational study has directly analysed the impact of mask use in the community on COVID-19 transmission.
The study looked at the reduction of secondary transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in Beijing households by face mask use.
It found that face masks were 79% effective in preventing transmission if they were used by all household members prior to symptoms occurring.

Source: https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118

So if you are going indoors with folk you don`t normally mix with then..................................... put a feckin mask on. 😷😷
Of course, that is reliant on a level of social responsibility and thinking about others, not yourself.

The worrying drop off in vaccinations (which is why nobody shouts about how brilliant and world beating we are anymore) won’t help. I remember posting on here when I had my second jab that the wind tunnel was deserted and that the person giving me my shot said it was way, way down in terms of numbers, which suggested a lot of younger people weren’t getting jabbed and that even those who did weren’t going back for a second dose. We’ve got the least restrictions in the world and vaccination rates are increasingly mid-table in relation to other developed countries, so it doesn’t take a genius to work out why we’ve got about 20% of the entire world’s known cases most days. Plague Island.

There might be a half-hearted attempt at bringing masks back but it won’t be enforced in any meaningful way, and there almost certainly won’t be any lockdowns even if numbers become eye-watering as they’re trying to portray a fast-growing economy that ignores the fact we stacked it the hardest to begin with. Also means it’s easier to cover up any damage related to… you know. Covid is a very convenient house fire in many respects.

That we’re coming up to two years deep and a lot of people still don’t even understand how masks work - ie that they don’t protect you from others, they protect other people from you, which is why if people don’t collectively wear them in huge numbers then it’s pretty much pointless - is pretty indicative of why we are where we are. Either almost everybody wears a mask or it won’t work, but we’ve been more worried about how annoying they apparently are, or calling them face nappies in a very divisive manner. We’ve never really taken it seriously and that comes from the top and trickles down. Hence why you have the leader of the commons saying words to the effect of, “We don’t need to wear masks in here, we all know each other.” Well done, sh*t for brains. Back to the family estate. The horse and carriage is outside.

You’ll always get a small percentage of people who don’t care or are massively selfish / don’t believe in it, but you can’t create the sort of nationwide nonchalance we have unless that mood is set at the highest level. We won’t change that at this stage. The only logical solution is to go to The Winchester, have a lovely pint and wait for all this to blow over 😉

The only logical solution is to go to The Winchester, have a lovely pint and wait for all this to blow over 😉
You may be better going to an offie, in your mask, then getting shitfaced at home instead of a pub filled with dirty strangers.

... and I'm quoting something from the end of that long missive to prove that I actually read it. For once.

Back
Top Bottom