National News Covidiots.....

The government have banned driving to a place to take exercise. This, I believe, is to stop lots of people converging on open spaces.

...mentions this.
So locally (bit woolly as most are saying) and no mention of not being able to drive. May be they should specify the mileage you’re allowed to drive and then it’s clear!

Put it this way, I would rather drive 5 miles to be in open countryside than in a built up town/city where hundreds/thousands are walking, jogging, etc in the streets.

So locally (bit woolly as most are saying) and no mention of not being able to drive. May be they should specify the mileage you’re allowed to drive and then it’s clear!

Put it this way, I would rather drive 5 miles to be in open countryside than in a built up town/city where hundreds/thousands are walking, jogging, etc in the streets.
That article did say you can't drive to exercise...

SmartSelect_20210112-091046_Chrome.jpg

...but you are right, there is no clarity with any of the messaging. I do get what you are saying, but from my experience I'm not seeing hundreds of people out walking locally, more a handful (I'm out a lot, I'm a runner and see quite a bit of my local area). The hotspots appear to be town centres, not the local estates. I haven't driven outside of Bicester for months so no idea what the local nature trails are like.

Apparrently you can go fishing (albeit not overnight) ....odd that thats allowed but actually driving there (transporting angling gear?) Isnt?

• React
Reactions: m
We just need to remember one simple rule:
Stay. at. home.
Nip out for a walk for half an hour or so for a change of scenery and fresh air, no problem, but for Christ sake don’t take the P**s and aim for your town centre Costa where every other moron has gathered.
Or get in your car and drive to exercise WHEN YOU DON’T NEED TO!!
Full lockdown needed, now, take away any doubt in people’s minds.

We just need to remember one simple rule:
Stay. at. home.
Nip out for a walk for half an hour or so for a change of scenery and fresh air, no problem, but for Christ sake don’t take the P**s and aim for your town centre Costa where every other moron has gathered.
Or get in your car and drive to exercise WHEN YOU DON’T NEED TO!!
Full lockdown needed, now, take away any doubt in people’s minds.
This.
It seems people are constantly looking for ways round the clear rule of stay at home.

This.
It seems people are constantly looking for ways round the clear rule of stay at home.
I think the guidelines should be toughened up even more, so people who have a very lapse attitude towards COVID-19 can see how severe this virus is and how serious a majority of people are taking this all.

While I agree with your sentiments and would support a tougher stance, there are those that would kickback against more stringent protocols. Factor into this the small percentage who will do what they want regardless and the difficulties of physically enforcing sanctions such as travel restrictions & mandatory mask wearing and you can see why we have reached the point where we are.

way of reducing numbers of unnecessary car journeys. Log into your local FB page, say you’d heard that police were randomly stopping private cars & finding those who were making unnecessary journeys. Let Socical media do the rest.

While I agree with your sentiments and would support a tougher stance, there are those that would kickback against more stringent protocols. Factor into this the small percentage who will do what they want regardless and the difficulties of physically enforcing sanctions such as travel restrictions & mandatory mask wearing and you can see why we have reached the point where we are.
Purely in my opinion, I think there are three broad categories of attitude to lockdown measures;

The vast majority who want to and largely will comply with measures.
A minority who don’t or possibly won’t comply through wilful ignorance and/or defiance of the rules.
A smaller, more hardcore minority who will rebel whatever the measures.

The second group can largely be influenced to comply, partly through peer pressure, including through social media and MSM influence, especially when the growing number of people being vaccinated continues to swell any public mood of optimism. This group, and the first group, want this pandemic to end and return to normal.
The third, hardcore group are probably beyond influence and only able to be dealt with by enforcement and the police should prioritise them for action, particularly as they are trying to influence anti action which could affect a return to normality.

I'd cut their B*****s off personally but let's take your approach first then see where we are in a month

If they’re in a camp they’re not illegal immigrants. Think before sharing. They must be pretty desperate to want to settle in Wales

More concerned about the protest; lack of social distancing whilst in the middle of a lockdown. Likewise the lack of a police intervention is questionable.

They all appear to be wearing masks which is far more than can be said for some of our own indigenous folk. Anyone unfortunate enough to walk past the reduced aisle in Tesco at the moment would regard that protest as rather civilised in comparison.

Neil Lennon: Celtic manager rails against government & 'barrage of hypocrisy' over Dubai trip
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55708298

Just sums up my opinion of Lennon being a complete and utter t**t who has zero managerial ability.

You went overseas matey and someone got Covid in your group... Isolate like the rest of us would have had to, you selfish, self righteous prick.

Back
Top Bottom