National News Covidiots.....

My impression from personal experience, watching TV news and reading on line reports is that the majority of ’Covidiots’ are under 30.

Genuine question. Am I wrong?

My impression from personal experience, watching TV news and reading on line reports is that the majority of ’Covidiots’ are under 30.

Genuine question. Am I wrong?

Crass generalising and normally one to defend my millennial brethren, I would say, yes.

Others who by way or careful observation who generally haven’t given two hoots about any lockdown measures have been white van men, the wealthy, old people who don’t understand what two metres is (maybe they need the measurements in feet) and boy racer types who have seen the opportunity of empty roads to take their Polos and Golfs out for a ride with their mates.

But perhaps I’m demonising and Owen Jones would have me named and shamed (‘cept for the wealthy of course).

in London (outside US embassy) and in Manchester and Cardiff as well, there were protests about what happened in America

That was London.

Can I add our next door neighbours to the list.

Young couple, 2 kids.......... Gran & Grandad are both supposed to be shielding. They "popped in" yesterday from 10am to 7pm.
Today, a few of his workmates and kids popped round, all the kids & parents not distancing.
Discussing if it was "safe" for the kids to go back to school.

I give up.

• Angry
Reactions: QR
been on the phone to my Dad who is in the at risk catagory, shielding for12 weeks- hes not planning venturing anywhere much for 'another week or two' and if he does, he told me he's going to stay at least 4 yards away from anyone.... thatll do I said , bless him :sneaky:
It's the other idiots crowding too close that's the worry though, arm him with a sturdy stick.

Must be a nightmare being confined to the house for 3 months ?

Surrey yesterday and the fires are still burning/ reigniting today , more firefighters ( this time from London, so firefighters from 4 regions ) drafted in to cope with stopping it spread.... unofficial yet, but its strongly suspected it was a(nother) disposable bbq as being the likely cause

It's the other idiots crowding too close that's the worry though, arm him with a sturdy stick.

Must be a nightmare being confined to the house for 3 months ?

rest assured he has one .... a walking stick ;)

Obviously the doctors at local level are giving different advice on the ground to that being given by the government.

My mum in Cornwall (well but elderly, a bit asthmatic, had a heart operation) phoned her doctor after the 'ease of the lock down' announcement.

'Can I go out?'
'Have you had an asthma attack in the last year?"
"No."
"Do you drive?"
"Yes."
"Then you can go out in your car for a drive. Keep the windows up and don't get out, just drive about and then go straight home. On no account get out, especially at a supermarket or garden centre."

Since the places she quite fancied going were the supermarket and the garden centre, that should keep her in for a couple of weeks. Thank you doctor!
Keep the windows up?
Isn't that just scaremongering?
This virus isn't floating around in the open air like pollen.

Keep the windows up?
Isn't that just scaremongering?
This virus isn't floating around in the open air like pollen.
I suspect it's actually more so that you don't stop and chat to people through the open window (which to be fair is probably what would happen with my Mum!) rather than to avoid airborne virus.

in London (outside US embassy) and in Manchester and Cardiff as well, there were protests about what happened in America

That was just a lame excuse for a bunch of morons finding and excuse to cause disruption........maybe there will be someone who wakes up with COVID-19 symptoms. Ring ring ??” good morning HM track and tracehow may I help you?” Cough cough “ erm I thini I have COVID -19 I’m coughing a lot and have a fever “ “ Ok we need you to self isolate for 7 days, but now I need some details, who did you see or meet let’s start with yesterday “........and there you have it muppets who could be responsible for a 2nd spike.

Wouldn’t have been as bad if stay alert was still stay at home. One message worked; one definitely doesn’t. You can’t tell people to use common sense if they’re stupid, and there are a lot of those. But even they knew and still know what “don’t even f*****g think about it” meant. There’s only so long you can say the child is being stupid until it becomes the fault of the adults for not stopping them.

Oh well.

Surrey yesterday and the fires are still burning/ reigniting today , more firefighters ( this time from London, so firefighters from 4 regions ) drafted in to cope with stopping it spread.... unofficial yet, but its strongly suspected it was a(nother) disposable bbq as being the likely cause

Very local to us being just up the A3. Gets a lot of walkers but also, sadly, a lot of idiots who think anywhere they go is an ashtray and the countryside is just great for a BBQ (usually the disposable tray types - except they don't extinguish them before disposing)
Mrs Lounger was out walking there just last week. Crying shame that such an area of outstanding nature should be destroyed. It will grow back, eventually, but still an ecological disaster.

Just wondering...
If you’ve been obeying lockdown rules so far so no visiting other households , will you do so from Monday ? So the 6 in a garden rule for instance.

Just wondering...
If you’ve been obeying lockdown rules so far so no visiting other households , will you do so from Monday ? So the 6 in a garden rule for instance.
Yes, we’ve followed the rules so far. We bumped into some friends of ours in the takeaway queue last night and arranged to have them round the garden next weekend.

I thought the Government were crazy to announce the easing of the lockdown 3 days before it kicks in and at the start of a hot weekend

Back
Top Bottom