National News Covidiots.....

And people who have remained in work have generally accrued savings over the past year.
It’s ridiculous here in Perth. I’ve never seen as many high value new cars as over the year and the amount of renovation work (not DIY) and building is daft. There are clearly a chunk of people who haven’t been spending big amounts on overseas holidays, frequent trips over East etc.
The Aussie finance minister said something like he wasn’t worried about economic contraction because of the 100s of billions of private savings that were accumulating.

It’s ridiculous here in Perth. I’ve never seen as many high value new cars as over the year and the amount of renovation work (not DIY) and building is daft. There are clearly a chunk of people who haven’t been spending big amounts on overseas holidays, frequent trips over East etc.
The Aussie finance minister said something like he wasn’t worried about economic contraction because of the 100s of billions of private savings that were accumulating.
Hey Chuck,

I don't know if it's the same as here in Malaysia. Here they gave a moratorium on loan/mortgage repayments. Also the economic effects haven't hit yet due to the government dishing out money.

But generally people haven't been saving. Instead of their yearly holiday, they have spent on new cars, technology, etc

The amount of consumer debt is huge and there is a perception there still will be a crash with a lot of people thrown into poverty.

Hey Chuck,

I don't know if it's the same as here in Malaysia. Here they gave a moratorium on loan/mortgage repayments. Also the economic effects haven't hit yet due to the government dishing out money.

But generally people haven't been saving. Instead of their yearly holiday, they have spent on new cars, technology, etc

The amount of consumer debt is huge and there is a perception there still will be a crash with a lot of people thrown into poverty.
The worst thing they did here was allow people to cash in a chunk of their super. Lots of young people freed up 10s of Ks to blow on garbage, which will turn into 100k holes in their super by retirement.
We have passed the “mortgage holiday” time frame which ran until October I think, so anyone hit by that will already be hit. In WA the iron ore price has kept us out of recession, and there are a lot of cashed up people who can’t spend on what they normally would (travel).

Good to see Sir Douglas Swayne showing his true colours. No doubt the decisive leadership will soon have him in check.

Did you here about that English bloke flying to Scotland to wear a labcoat in a photo opportunity? How can that be regarded as essential travel, when nobody wanted to see him or will listen to a word he said?
These are our rules you abide by them, they don't apply to us in power.

Did you here about that English bloke flying to Scotland to wear a labcoat in a photo opportunity? How can that be regarded as essential travel, when nobody wanted to see him or will listen to a word he said?
These are our rules you abide by them, they don't apply to us in power.
I have probably made my thoughts on Boris fairly well known but even I’m really not that bothered by him going up to Scotland.

Both he and Sturgeon have used the whole situation for their own political games, from the vox pops I’ve heard today I think Boris has definitely not done his cause any favours.

The rules state that he can travel for work if he can’t do it from home, I guess he could argue that it was essential for his role as PM. I also think the risk he poses on a private flight/car etc. is very different to the risk posed by Joe Bloggs jumping on the train and tube into the big smoke for work.

Anyway he’s still a useless ball bag but for me this is a bit of a non story that’s been blown out of proportion for political point scoring. If he wanted to save the Union he wouldn’t have fought so hard for Brexit.

Back
Top Bottom