National News Covidiots.....

Why weren’t the police wearing masks?

Not sure if it’s the same everywhere but a friend of mine in the Met was up this weekend and said the blue mask he’d been issued was now being banned/recalled as it didn’t meet minimum safety requirements. Maybe they had the same masks?

Not sure if it’s the same everywhere but a friend of mine in the Met was up this weekend and said the blue mask he’d been issued was now being banned/recalled as it didn’t meet minimum safety requirements. Maybe they had the same masks?

Classic

Probably the same with the Prison Service where masks were originally issued that help prevent the wearer passing anything on to others. However, there is now a greater need to protect the wearer from others and the standard of masks change.

It's not to say that the original masks were not safe, but the level of risk has changed.

Surely though, anything is better than nothing - so why not at least wear the 'substandard' masks while the better ones are being sourced?
Again, assuming the same suppliers, other masks have already been procured that are an upgrade on the previous ones. But every piece of PPE available in the Prison Service (and other public services I'd guess) met all required safety standards.

Probably the same with the Prison Service where masks were originally issued that help prevent the wearer passing anything on to others. However, there is now a greater need to protect the wearer from others and the standard of masks change.

It's not to say that the original masks were not safe, but the level of risk has changed.

My question stands. Why weren’t the cops wearing masks? Do we all have the same excuse now? “Oh. I couldn’t find a mask that suited my makeup”? [emoji2371]

Last edited:
My question stands. Why weren’t the cops wearing masks? Do we all have the same excuse now? “Oh. I couldn’t find a mask that suited my makeup”? [emoji2371]

I can't speak for the police, but for me and my work. Masks are required if dealing with symptomatic or suspected cases, where working in sub 2 metre work spaces for prolonged periods, where there is a significant risk of transference (spitting etc) or where the individual feels the need to wear one. All circumstances are different, but working outdoors, where the likelihood of spending prolonged periods of time with the same individual in sub 2 metre distance, then the police make that decision to wear a mask or not. No different from any other member of the public in similar circumstances.

No right or wrong answers, but not really comparable to wearing make up is it?!

A fetish party with 600 people was busted in Berlin last weekend, but there's still debate as to whether it was justified (registered, outdoors, etc.).
At least they were all wearing masks!

The one in the photo by the bike.... irony! lol

• Haha
Reactions: m
Feck me #wewillnotcomply is "trending" on Twatter.

Is every participant on that platform that far up their own arses?

@QR @YellowTaxi I can see where you get it from......

Lord of the flies stuff. Which was a story where the young had no governmental enforcement.

Which is damning of the government in itself.

Grow a pair and govern you feckless feckers.

Lord of the flies stuff. Which was a story where the young had no governmental enforcement.

Which is damning of the government in itself.

Grow a pair and govern you feckless feckers.
Maybe the old bill should have nicked this deckers on the banks of the Thames in London last night and fine the selfish bastards big time.

Back
Top Bottom