National News Covidiots.....

Ok, so I chanced Armageddon by finally going to a pub garden for a beer and Sunday lunch.
Social distancing, disposable menus, one way system, sanitising tables & seats, etc, etc, all brilliant until.......the waiters delivered the meals.
They’re not wearing masks, when they approach the tables carrying the plates they ask “who ordered the chicken roast” etc spraying potential Covid wotsits over my nice tasty roasties!
I spoke to someone else today who went to a completely different restaurant and the same happened. The pub was part of a small well run chain, everything else was spot on so just weird that the most obvious thing was missed.

Ok, so I chanced Armageddon by finally going to a pub garden for a beer and Sunday lunch.
Social distancing, disposable menus, one way system, sanitising tables & seats, etc, etc, all brilliant until.......the waiters delivered the meals.
They’re not wearing masks, when they approach the tables carrying the plates they ask “who ordered the chicken roast” etc spraying potential Covid wotsits over my nice tasty roasties!
I spoke to someone else today who went to a completely different restaurant and the same happened. The pub was part of a small well run chain, everything else was spot on so just weird that the most obvious thing was missed.
Like you say here in Dawlish as well except everywhere we have been they are all wearing masks as well. Even the staff behind the screens. Funny sort of way I prefer the new norm in pubs and restaurants as now you can hear the conversation instead or relying on lip reading to follow what’s being said.

A relative of mine went out for lunch at a fairly posh hotel at the weekend. The table was apparently filthy. When they complained a harassed looking waiter wearing a visor came over and gave it a wipe with a cloth (I hope it was saturated with antiviral wash, but apparently the table wasn't that much better when he'd finished). He apologised and said that they were very short staffed because many of the waiters etc were still furloughed. He also shockingly said they were very short of PPE equipment and the visor he was wearing was being shared by three of the waiting staff. My relative won't be going back.

A relative of mine went out for lunch at a fairly posh hotel at the weekend. The table was apparently filthy. When they complained a harassed looking waiter wearing a visor came over and gave it a wipe with a cloth (I hope it was saturated with antiviral wash, but apparently the table wasn't that much better when he'd finished). He apologised and said that they were very short staffed because many of the waiters etc were still furloughed. He also shockingly said they were very short of PPE equipment and the visor he was wearing was being shared by three of the waiting staff. My relative won't be going back.
Drawing a comparison to here in Malaysia. If a hawker centre or restaurant flouts the rules, its simply shut down for an extended period.

With no travel in and out of Malaysia for sometime, the casual or immigrant workers have mainly gone. Thus businesses that can open, can only do so with Malaysian workers. Are the borders still shut to the UK? But I believe because of the high cases, a lot of countries have UK on the restricted list.

So you won't get the likes of Aussies working in your pubs.

It's a tough call, by not going back, local businesses will suffer.

Economically for the UK, I feel the main impact is still to come.

As far as I was aware (see ILO Report on Migrant Workers in Malaysia during COVID https://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/p...angkok/documents/briefingnote/wcms_741512.pdf) the vast majority of workers are still in the country, particularly as it’s difficult for them to leave if they are undocumented or the victims of forced labour (we won’t dwell on that in good old England :D)

I’m not sure what’s going to come RE the economy but I think Boris et al. have opened Pandora’s box and have very little interest in public safety so I think the economy may well keep grinding away. What the governments actions do risk is a lack of public confidence causing an economic crisis.

In terms of our own migrant workforce in pubs and restaurants etc. I think for the time being that’s of little concern for most publicans who are operating at 50% capacity in some cases.

I’m not sure what impact it will have on low skilled and economic migrants from Southern Asia and Eastern Europe but I do know that in the agricultural picking sector that the workforce are being given dispensations to support farmers during harvests.

Evidence, if needed, that Twatter has it`s fair share of Covidiots.
Yes folk sent them money......................................... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

PS: PM for account details, send me money I will send you nothing.

Largely members of a particular ‘community’ I suspect, but of course you can’t say that ...

Londoners.......................... I said it.

If a local problem is specific to a particular community we should be able to say so to help that community understand.
Like this chap..... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-53414937

"Faz Patel MBE, who is a local adviser on community cohesion in Blackburn, said he was worried young people were ignoring advice on social distancing.

"What is happening since the easing of lockdown, we are seeing a lot of young Asian men and other young people spending time with their friends and going to their homes where they might spread the virus to their parents or grandparents," he said.

"We have to get the message out we can't go into another lockdown that would have a detrimental effect on our local area.

"It is going to be difficult, people started going to see their families last week but we have to stick to the new measures. People have got to understand no hugs or handshakes even though it is part of our culture."

Not sure if this is "idiot" or "denier"...... from the BBC..

"A Canadian pastor who contracted Covid-19 in Myanmar, after preaching that Christians were immune, has been jailed for three months with hard labour for breaching a coronavirus law.

David Lah was on Thursday convicted of violating coronavirus restrictions by holding a large prayer gathering in Yangon.

The 43-year-old preacher, who was born in Myanmar, held the event in early April, weeks after large gatherings were banned under the country’s Natural Disaster Management Law.

Lah and about 20 followers tested positive for the virus after the event, which has been blamed for one of Myanmar's biggest virus clusters."

Not sure if this is "idiot" or "denier"...... from the BBC..

"A Canadian pastor who contracted Covid-19 in Myanmar, after preaching that Christians were immune, has been jailed for three months with hard labour for breaching a coronavirus law.

David Lah was on Thursday convicted of violating coronavirus restrictions by holding a large prayer gathering in Yangon.

The 43-year-old preacher, who was born in Myanmar, held the event in early April, weeks after large gatherings were banned under the country’s Natural Disaster Management Law.

Lah and about 20 followers tested positive for the virus after the event, which has been blamed for one of Myanmar's biggest virus clusters."

Shame he hadn’t done it in China! He could have found himself the perfect “job” with 10 years of writing Christmas cards for Tesco in a Chinese prison.

Nicola Sturgeon has given them a yellow card at today`s press conference.
She "expects their next games to be postponed"....................

Back
Top Bottom