National News Covidiots.....

Ermmmmm yes the Council are involved in deciding about the football as they are on the Safety Advisory Group.
So City`s game goes ahead on Saturday, as did the horse racing yesterday................... but we are in lock down yes?
In the City we now have "beauty shops" selling tinned food so that they can carry on trading ............ I`ll have my nails done and a tin of baked beans please....

It is lurching into the ridiculous and downright stupid with zero enforcement by any agency Council, Police or otherwise.

Ok billions spent to help everyone well almost during this global pandemic. Ok no austerity tax increases? Something will have to be done to reclaim what has been spent, investing Heavy on infrastructure to kick start the economy may help but I do believe those who have had 80% of their wage should have to realise that it maybe free money now but nothing is free.

Regarding the football it’s a P**s take that they should be allowed to play a game in a town that is in another lockdown. Obviously a lot of this is down to money.

The austerity we have just come out of was because of the financial panic during the crippling economic downturn in 2008 and I am concerned that this time now is worse than in 2008.

I actually agree with a lot of that. This time things will in all likelihood be worse. I think tax rises are inevitable as the other way has been cut in a lot of areas already. Hopefully a digital tax on Google/Amazon etc happens as part of that.

On the football (@Essexyellows also), the Govt should have led here and then the football Authorities (they have before after all before the Govt started lockdown). They could have moved it as i'm sure one of the nearby Championship grounds could have done the job, or postponed it. That said, those involved in the football will have been tested etc and won't be mixing with the general population in Leicester (or I'd hope not), especially after this I'd thought.

I actually agree with a lot of that. This time things will in all likelihood be worse. I think tax rises are inevitable as the other way has been cut in a lot of areas already. Hopefully a digital tax on Google/Amazon etc happens as part of that.

On the football (@Essexyellows also), the Govt should have led here and then the football Authorities (they have before after all before the Govt started lockdown). They could have moved it as i'm sure one of the nearby Championship grounds could have done the job, or postponed it. That said, those involved in the football will have been tested etc and won't be mixing with the general population in Leicester (or I'd hope not), especially after this I'd thought.
I totally agree with a digital tax and on god knows home many Costas and co’s there are out there. Possibly also looking at all the tax breaks we give out, maybe controversial but surely a must.

Yes moved to another ground irrespective, if the players are like OUFC players testing negative so can play this week, other businesses in Leicester May think what about us we have to make a living.

I totally agree with a digital tax and on god knows home many Costas and co’s there are out there. Possibly also looking at all the tax breaks we give out, maybe controversial but surely a must.

Yes moved to another ground irrespective, if the players are like OUFC players testing negative so can play this week, other businesses in Leicester May think what about us we have to make a living.
I think Costa pay their tax, it's Starbucks that don't which is why I boycott them.

Not round here........... unless you leave the zone....:eek::eek:
1593772302546.png

Seems Leicester Forest East services are OK Northbound............... but closed Southbound according to yonder map!
Some roads are split as well so Odds are outside and Evens are inside! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

My local social club have just released there rules regarding re-opening. No limited numbers in club, they will be showing live sport but no one is allowed to stand and no one is allowed to sing and chant. So the place is going to be full of Pompey fans and heaven forbid they score a last min winner, do you think that they will sit there and just politely applaud. I think not. Will i be watching it with them, not a chance not safe.
Mind if we beat them it could be fun lol
Well, your local club should be empty tonight. Could be a full house on Monday though!!
My local club are opening Monday but there will be no sport, no music and no games etc. One way system with S distancing and one entrance, seperate exit. Thats how it should be IMO.

My local club are opening Monday but there will be no sport, no music and no games etc. One way system with S distancing and one entrance, seperate exit. Thats how it should be IMO.
That is how it should be, but it's not going to be much fun in pubs and clubs like that. What I go to the pub for is to mingle with friends, live music etc. When you have to sit 2m away from anyone you aren't in a household with anyway, can't sing, can't shout, no pub games etc etc it makes me wonder what the point is!

I'll put it out there for later. All the pissed up idiots who have gone to a pub and drunk more than they can handle, and the requisite visits to the Police Cells and A&E.

Nope spent the day fishing( note I didn’t say catching). Came home had a shower now sat relaxing with a good red listening to good music. Who needs pubs.

Sorry, but I have to get this off my chest. I remember the early to mid seventies, when we played Pompey home and away. I went there three times, with the U's. I took my first coachload of fans there, in 1975 or 6. At their ground, their fans were rough, tough evil lads. But you never saw many of them come to the Manor, until about '76? I f*****g hated their 'big hard' fans!

Problems in Mansfield pubs according to a caller to Radio 5 Live just now.

Outside the exclusion zone...... opened at midday, closed by 5.30 after "locals" got punchy.

Kind of glad we live in the City and can get pleasantly oiled at home.
I'm quite glad I live in the country and with the aid of online shopping can do the same! Our village pub was open today - can't say I was in the least tempted and judging by the lack of noise in the village, I'm not sure too many others were either. Mind you, with the infection rates round us, I'm more tempted to treat my own house like The Winchester and barricade us in while the infected hordes mill about outside rather than go to an actual pub!

Lot to be said in favour of living in a small-ish market town in a rural area. Just seen photos of streets in Soho - thousands of people cheek by jowl outside pubs, using their 'common sense'.

Won't be going near a pub for a few weeks yet.

Last edited:
It's a no from me Brian.

Wouldn't rule it out in the next couple of weeks though, a nice outside pub meal with a few ciders could be just the tonic.

Back
Top Bottom