International News Covid Passport....

I can state anything. Stating a claim, doesn’t make something fact.

Here is one of many studies that have been conducted to dispel the myth of asymptomatic spread of COVID-19:
Yes, we agree that you stating that it's all rubbish doesn't make it so.

The professor in that tweet is a mathematician and risk analyst is he not? The BMJ states that around 1 in 5 cases are asymptomatic...

...and that half of those go on to display symptoms.

Yes, we agree that you stating that it's all rubbish doesn't make it so.

The professor in that tweet is a mathematician and risk analyst is he not? The BMJ states that around 1 in 5 cases are asymptomatic...

...and that half of those go on to display symptoms.
So 1 in 5 are asymptomatic and half of those (0.5) go on to develop symptoms? So what? Did they recover? Did they then test positive? That doesn’t prove anything. Does that prove that they have spread the virus while asymptomatic? No. All well and good referencing something from the BMJ, but that doesn’t negate the data I have shown you. Is Cambridge University not prestigious enough to be taken seriously, all of a sudden?

Last edited:
So 1 in 5 are asymptomatic and half of those (0.5) go on to develop symptoms? So what? That doesn’t prove anything. Does that prove that they have spread the virus while asymptomatic? No. All well and good referencing something from the BMJ, but that doesn’t negate the data I have shown you. Is Cambridge University not prestigious enough to be taken seriously, all of a sudden?
You still haven't demonstrated your assertion is true though. You are stating that asymptomatic transmission isn't possible, even Prof Fenton in the link you presented isn't saying that. Reading his comments, he is arguing that the Government figures are wildly inaccurate, which knowing this government I wouldn't be surprised with. Granted I've skim read through them, so if I've missed the part where he states it's impossible or isn't happening then I take that back, with the proviso it is one person looking at a small dataset from one obscure English city.

So 1 in 5 are asymptomatic and half of those (0.5) go on to develop symptoms? So what? Did they recover? Did they then test positive? That doesn’t prove anything. Does that prove that they have spread the virus while asymptomatic? No. All well and good referencing something from the BMJ, but that doesn’t negate the data I have shown you. Is Cambridge University not prestigious enough to be taken seriously, all of a sudden?
It’s not clear how all this affects the argument for vaccination, nor your contention that it is social manipulation. What does Norman say about that? All this QMUL and Cambridge fanboyism is interesting (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority). You are generally quick to reject mainstream scientific opinion, but if someone at an august institution says something that fits your argument, you are quick to endorse it.
Fwiw there is a big difference between the informed opinion of an individual at any institution and a peer reviewed source. Until it’s peer reviewed it is nothing more than opinion (and still is even after one wants to be critical).

Well, considering PCR tests return a high % of false-positives, im not really that surprised. That is rather odd though..
So what % of tests are false negatives ? If you can have false positives then surely you can have false negatives

Back
Top Bottom