EFL Covid and the play offs

This should most probably be on another site, but tonight I saw the most ridiculous thing ever. I can understand, but not condone, the pathetic panic buying that's going on. But I saw two large supermarkets that sold out of women's Tampons, etc. Why would anyone panic-buy Tampons?
There’s some right c***s out there Dave

The winter of 1962-63 was known as the 'Big Freeze'. There was heavy snow, the Thames froze over and then flooded when all the snow melted. We played no games between 22/12/1962 (Hartlepool away) and 9/3/1963 (Chester away). In the FA Cup that season we drew Arsenal (A) in round 3 and the game was finally played at Highbury on 31/1/'63. When Division 4 football started again we played 21 games between 9 March and 23 May (76 days).The previous season had ended on 28 April and the '63 -'64 season ended on 29 April so the Big Freeze season was extended by a month. I remember once the club asking for supporters to turn up at the Manor with shovels to clear the pitch of snow and about a hundred or so did make the effort but the ground was too frozen and whatever match that was for didn't go ahead.

• React
Reactions: m
The winter of 1962-63 was known as the 'Big Freeze'. There was heavy snow, the Thames froze over and then flooded when all the snow melted. We played no games between 22/12/1962 (Hartlepool away) and 9/3/1963 (Chester away). In the FA Cup that season we drew Arsenal (A) in round 3 and the game was finally played at Highbury on 31/1/'63. When Division 4 football started again we played 21 games between 9 March and 23 May (76 days).The previous season had ended on 28 April and the '63 -'64 season ended on 29 April so the Big Freeze season was extended by a month. I remember once the club asking for supporters to turn up at the Manor with shovels to clear the pitch of snow and about a hundred or so did make the effort but the ground was too frozen and whatever match that was for didn't go ahead.

Exactly.

I guess the only difference here is, we just don’t know when/if this bloody virus will go/subside enough to commence again.

I just think the Euros should be cancelled in order to extend the current season to at least the end of June!

Last edited:
Can't see this has been posted already but it stinks as an idea! The report is from the Telegraph originally.

"What 'radical' FA plan with five relegation places would mean for Liverpool, Leeds United and Coventry City"

"The EFL would therefore be force to follow suit with Coventry and Rotherham United lifted into the Championship to fill the two gaps left in the second tier - but both facing an uphill battle next term to dodge the five relegation places that the division would also adopt.

The rest of the teams currently fighting for promotion in League One would miss out and be forced to remain for another year, while Bolton and Southend United, both cut off and well adrift at the bottom, will incredibly stay in the division."

I think the only sensible thing is to end the season as it is right now. Top two go up automatically, and as for the playoffs, because these probably won't get played then it is only right that it goes to the third placed team.

EDIT:- Oh will you look at that - Oxford Utd just happen to be in 3rd place in the table. What a coincidence that is. :)

I think the only sensible thing is to end the season as it is right now. Top two go up automatically, and as for the playoffs, because these probably won't get played then it is only right that it goes to the third placed team.

EDIT:- Oh will you look at that - Oxford Utd just happen to be in 3rd place in the table. What a coincidence that is. :)

Gets my vote as well. Extreme situations call for extreme solutions and we must all share the pain.

Back
Top Bottom