EFL Covid and the play offs

The chief medical officer and the chief scientific officer both agreed yesterday that it was preferable for outside events to continue at the delay stage. The rationale for halting events would be if emergency services were stretched. Until then we should carry on. So why are the premier league and efl even discussing this as it is contrary to current advice?

The chief medical officer and the chief scientific officer both agreed yesterday that it was preferable for outside events to continue at the delay stage. The rationale for halting events would be if emergency services were stretched. Until then we should carry on. So why are the premier league and efl even discussing this as it is contrary to current advice?

Because whole clubs' are in self isolation due to players or staff testing positive.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Interesting to point out the England cricket tour of Sri Lanka is still happening and no one has quite realised they are playing games now or asking them to cancel them.

The test series has been called off...

Some people are still failing to understand the seriousness of the problem.

Outside events might be safer however, match postponements will reduce travel of a large number of people all over the country. Sure for us it's only MK fans coming to Oxford but think of the travel from Southampton to Norwich or Plymouth to Morecambe using trains, buses, the tube, going to the pub ahead of the match etc.

Outside events might be safer however, match postponements will reduce travel of a large number of people all over the country. Sure for us it's only MK fans coming to Oxford but think of the travel from Southampton to Norwich or Plymouth to Morecambe using trains, buses, the tube, going to the pub ahead of the match etc.

All those people who will be using trains,buses, tubes etc to go work on Monday?
And probably traipsing around supermarkets etc at the weekend instead?

The decision to suspend the season is surely correct.

Who on here would be happy if we had to start tomorrow's match with 10 players and no subs against a full strength MKD?

The decision to suspend the season is surely correct.

Who on here would be happy if we had to start tomorrow's match with 10 players and no subs against a full strength MKD?
If that was the case then the match would be postponed anyway.

So I can't watch Oxford outdoors tomorrow but can watch the All England Badminton at the indoor Birmingham Arena with several thousand other people tonight. Unless the evening session gets canceled pretty soon!

Training ground shut for 10 days with immediate effect .... club statement on EFL suspending matches until April 4th ...

This should most probably be on another site, but tonight I saw the most ridiculous thing ever. I can understand, but not condone, the pathetic panic buying that's going on. But I saw two large supermarkets that sold out of women's Tampons, etc. Why would anyone panic-buy Tampons?

This should most probably be on another site, but tonight I saw the most ridiculous thing ever. I can understand, but not condone, the pathetic panic buying that's going on. But I saw two large supermarkets that sold out of women's Tampons, etc. Why would anyone panic-buy Tampons?

With all the loo roll gone, it sounds like people are entering the containment phase. ?

Back
Top Bottom