EFL Covid and the play offs

Behind closed doors? Minor point but would the club print any programmes? I pay at the beginning of the season to have all home and away programmes held for me. What happens then? Money back? hard luck?

No point playing games behind closed doors, if really, really necessary postpone games for 4 weeks, cancel the Euros and move the league fixtures on exactly one month. Normal season finishes end of May with play offs during June.
or the FA/ EFL decide to cram in Saturday and midweek games over 3 (hectic) weeks, followed by playoffs reduced to 1 leg 'semi finals' midweek with the finals over the weekend.... all done n dusted (just) before June?:unsure:

Never let facts get in the way of a good headline...

Second rule of local press: proof-reading is for wimps and apprentices
.... many local newspapers ( & other publications/journals/ magazines) 'use' a programme called Grammarly for their proofreading..... the basic programme defaults to American English.... loads of American spellings ( 'z' instead of 's' is some words being one of many - example- sanitize, instead of the English spelling, sanitise ) and Americanisation (Americanization !!) of grammatical presentation. Which, as @Fourthstand points out, doesnt get picked up on- or manually reset to UK English , the view seemingly being its been through (thru !) Grammarly all must be good? :cautious:

Simple, end the season after Saturdays game when we could go second. We go up into the championship. Will people still turn up on Saturday I wonder to see the behind closed doors game??

Just wondering about the financial effect if games are behind closed doors.
So we have five games left at home but are out of all the cups. So what the club would miss out on financially is in order: match day ticket sales; perhaps a bit of sponsorship, and programme sales. My estimate is perhaps £200k to £250K, assuming season ticket holders don't start demanding / getting refunds.

Perhaps we are better off that Kassam keeps all the food and drink, and the club doesn't run the bars and restaurants in the Ozone.

Perhaps we are better off that Kassam keeps all the food and drink, and the club doesn't run the bars and restaurants in the Ozone.
I like your thinking. I work at a university that has suffered for years for lost income due to keeping a cap on overseas (read Chinese) enrolments. Now that the s**t has hit the fan we are suffering much less than the competition.*

*I don't really like it. F**K FK.

When I look at this all I can think is "well thank f**k we aren't 10 points clear at the top". Because there's a good chance it could all get called off. I can easily imagine Bolton, Tranmere etc getting a doctor's note for covid and not being able to complete fixtures, and then it all falls apart.

Just wondering about the financial effect if games are behind closed doors.
So we have five games left at home but are out of all the cups. So what the club would miss out on financially is in order: match day ticket sales; perhaps a bit of sponsorship, and programme sales. My estimate is perhaps £200k to £250K, assuming season ticket holders don't start demanding / getting refunds.

I would love to think that a central fund could be created which paid clubs in L1 and below an amount per home game behind closed doors in line with expected/average attendance - perhaps funded by the PL and FA.

With Coventry playing behind closed doors won’t make much difference to them, they’ve been used i
To it this season

Back
Top Bottom