International News Covid-19 .....

Got that for you.
Boris said to avoid contact/travel on 16th March but the law didn`t come into effect until 26th March.

Sweden never imposed a lockdown but its excess mortality in 2020 &2021 is less than that of most countries, including its neighbours Denmark & Finland so it could be argued that the lockdown(s) only created the waves.
https://sweden.se/life/society/sweden-and-corona-in-brief

We also have a high court case starting today regarding nursing homes and the transactions between them & hospitals.
The reality is we didn`t have a valid/reviewed test for a novel virus and when we did it was limited availability.

You mean the Johnson that boasted of shaking hands with everybody at a hospital with confirmed Covid cases on the same day that SAGE said not to.

Oh and you mean this court case:

You mean the Johnson that boasted of shaking hands with everybody at a hospital with confirmed Covid cases on the same day that SAGE said not to.

Oh and you mean this court case:

I do mean that court case ........... try reading the HC judgment without the rhetoric.

"The document could, for example, have said that where an asymptomatic patient, other than one who has tested negative, is admitted to a care home, he or she should, so far as practicable, be kept apart from other residents for up to 14 days."

"Since there is no evidence that this question was considered by the secretary of state, or that he was asked to consider it, it is not an example of a political judgment on a finely balanced issue."

"Nor is it a point on which any of the expert committees had advised that no guidance was required."

"Those drafting the March Discharge Policy and the April Admissions Guidance simply failed to take into account the highly relevant consideration of the risk to elderly and vulnerable residents from asymptomatic transmission."

So yes, 100% things could have been better, but it`s no ones "fault" they were not.

I do mean that court case ........... try reading the HC judgment without the rhetoric.

"The document could, for example, have said that where an asymptomatic patient, other than one who has tested negative, is admitted to a care home, he or she should, so far as practicable, be kept apart from other residents for up to 14 days."

"Since there is no evidence that this question was considered by the secretary of state, or that he was asked to consider it, it is not an example of a political judgment on a finely balanced issue."

"Nor is it a point on which any of the expert committees had advised that no guidance was required."

"Those drafting the March Discharge Policy and the April Admissions Guidance simply failed to take into account the highly relevant consideration of the risk to elderly and vulnerable residents from asymptomatic transmission."

So yes, 100% things could have been better, but it`s no ones "fault" they were not.
Of course you could argue criminal negligence for the bit I've underlined......Almost certainly condemning someone to serious illness or death is normally frowned upon in a civilised society, especially if it is your failure and negligence that has caused it

Of course you could argue criminal negligence for the bit I've underlined......Almost certainly condemning someone to serious illness or death is normally frowned upon in a civilised society, especially if it is your failure and negligence that has caused it

Not so long ago would have at least been a resignation event but with this lot of course not.

• React
Reactions: QR

The belief at the time was that hospitals would need every single bed free, and that care homes had the knowledge and ability to isolate patients.
Combining that with a shortage of validated tests and consumables, meant that asymptomatic patients were discharged to care homes.
The bit underlined says that the guidance provided "failed to take asymptomatic transmission into account" so who do you "blame" ?
The person that wrote it?
The people who contributed to it?
The person who signed it off (clinical)?
The person who signed it off (NHS Admin)?
The person who presented it (political)?
The person who signed it off at the ministerial level (political)?

So who was "negligent" and "condemned people"?

And for some political balance................... in the devolved nations.

Wales (Labour) and Scotland (SNP) had the exact same problems with care homes.

Data - lots of data.
Now covers reinfections and all sorts of numbers.

I was reading yesterday there had been a very slight upturn in infections, although as I expect testing has gone through the floor recently how they know I'm not sure.

As it's gone very quiet in the press about the sniffle, do you know where we are with new variants etc? Is Omicron still the dominant force?

I was reading yesterday there had been a very slight upturn in infections, although as I expect testing has gone through the floor recently how they know I'm not sure.

As it's gone very quiet in the press about the sniffle, do you know where we are with new variants etc? Is Omicron still the dominant force?

Infection increase is measured by a number of routine testing regimes- like NHS staff (me), ONS door-to-door survey (me) - probably just as easy to ask how I am! :ROFLMAO:

We are on variants B.4 and B.5 now..... alert level has dropped from 4 to 3 (barely made the news!).

Its just a sniffle............. ;):)

Back
Top Bottom