International News Covid-19 .....

You`ll be fine those are normal post vaccine side effects.

You can report them here.

Creates data for the data crunchers like me!
Can I report that i feel like Ive been hit by the missing since tuesday OUFC positive bus?

Can I report that i feel like Ive been hit by the missing since tuesday OUFC positive bus?

Yep certainly can, many people have similar reactions. Mrs EY(Mk2) had it after her first jab, been fine with the next two.

Annoying me at the moment is the Guardian reporting of rising cases in Europe. It’s always in absolute numbers rather than rate per 100,000 people.

Unless you’re a quizzo who knows the populations of all European countries, or are monitoring it from an individual country point of view from day to day, it doesn’t really help explain rate of change and proportion of population affected.

We’re still well up there.
Need to remain cautious

We are having a local "uptick" in numbers post-Diwali and Bonfire night, it's only by about 20% at the moment but, fag packet maths, for every 10% increase in cases there is 1% increase in hospital admissions.

I just pop a mask on in crowded environments like shops, buses etc.

I'm lucky enough to work with a few scientists who were involved in the Oxford Vaccine. Their view, very strongly, is that this is very, very bad indeed. As bad as it could get potentially.

I'm lucky enough to work with a few scientists who were involved in the Oxford Vaccine. Their view, very strongly, is that this is very, very bad indeed. As bad as it could get potentially.

Hope the government are preparing for this in the possibility of getting to this country as in the past they’ve not been that successful in preventing other strains eg Delta strain getting into our country.

That’s really worrying. So they dont think it would be possible to adapt the vaccine to deal with it?

That’s really worrying. So they dont think it would be possible to adapt the vaccine to deal with it?
The current view is it would take about 12 weeks. This variant has hugely changed the spike protein targeted by the vaccine, so it is to all intents almost a new virus and needs testing as such. Alpha/Delta were small changes which meant it wasn't worth tuning the vaccines as they were still so effective.

There is a fear it could be as contagious as measles. It's seemingly outcompeting Delta which was previously considered as almost perfect in terms of optimal virus behaviour.

The next 3 weeks are key but make no mistake, very good scientists are genuinely worried by this.

The current view is it would take about 12 weeks. This variant has hugely changed the spike protein targeted by the vaccine, so it is to all intents almost a new virus and needs testing as such. Alpha/Delta were small changes which meant it wasn't worth tuning the vaccines as they were still so effective.

There is a fear it could be as contagious as measles. It's seemingly outcompeting Delta which was previously considered as almost perfect in terms of optimal virus behaviour.

The next 3 weeks are key but make no mistake, very good scientists are genuinely worried by this.
I’m worried now! But at least we have learned a lot, though not enough, since the start.

Had no side effects from either AZ Ox' doses of vaccination.....after y'days Pfizer boost, arm (where injection was given) feels dead/ numb and very heavy, ive got a mild headache, snuffly and am very tired....not sure this yank made booster was right for me?
Ditto for me on all fronts

German research shows deaths could be cut to almost 0 if vitamin D levels were much higher than they are. 40% of uk have vitamin D deficiency .

As one of many trials I had a Vit D test back at the start, came up borderline low so was sent a years worth of Vit D supplement.
Was tested again and levels are now above normal, its a fairly broad range, so I`ve stuck with popping a VitD every morning.

As one of many trials I had a Vit D test back at the start, came up borderline low so was sent a years worth of Vit D supplement.
Was tested again and levels are now above normal, its a fairly broad range, so I`ve stuck with popping a VitD every morning.
Been taking vit d, vit c, iron & zinc supplements daily for over a year now....Im only just shaking off the side effects 9 days on from having the( pfizer) booster

5x lft all negative over the 9 days, notified gov yellowcard (twice) and as advised (on yellow card) contacted gp surgery to inform them of side effects experienced. Receptionist instructed me to do an online econsult, which i did (monday) , had a call arranged from duty gp yesterday. Result, going into gp health centre for 'a few tests' this morning ....presuming heart rate, bp, & bloods taken will make up most of em

Had a flu jab for the first time last year, (no side effects) , booked in for this years flu jab a week tomorrow. Mildly concerned after the pfizer booster side effects, that this years flu jab might have a similar adverse effect.....fingers crossed it doesnt, shant be holding my breath on that though

Been taking vit d, vit c, iron & zinc supplements daily for over a year now....Im only just shaking off the side effects 9 days on from having the( pfizer) booster

5x lft all negative over the 9 days, notified gov yellowcard (twice) and as advised (on yellow card) contacted gp surgery to inform them of side effects experienced. Receptionist instructed me to do an online econsult, which i did (monday) , had a call arranged from duty gp yesterday. Result, going into gp health centre for 'a few tests' this morning ....presuming heart rate, bp, & bloods taken will make up most of em

Had a flu jab for the first time last year, (no side effects) , booked in for this years flu jab a week tomorrow. Mildly concerned after the pfizer booster side effects, that this years flu jab might have a similar adverse effect.....fingers crossed it doesnt, shant be holding my breath on that though

Don`t hold your breath - people die of that. :)
Hope all goes well, always best to get checked if you are "of age". (y)

Back
Top Bottom