International News Covid-19 .....

The data, when you break it down, is actually pretty s**t.

Boris chasing trade deals over health is unfortunately about to unleash another wave on this country.

Boris chasing trade deals over health is unfortunately about to unleash another wave on this country.

I`ll see your "another wave" and stick everything on June 21st going ahead as planned.

We have reached the point where said variants are hitting a mostly vaccinated population, if folk are choosing not to have it it isn`t "our" fault.

Why is the data looking s**t? No fan of this government but the data (thanks to the vaccines not the government) looks pretty decent to me at the moment.

• React
Reactions: m
Something I saw over the weekend. Remember footballer Marvin Morgan, used to play for Aldershot and then had a brain seizure whilst at Plymouth. He had another seizure a few weeks ago playing mates football and it's with him for the rest of his life. Anyway, I still follow his social media. So he was saying that he had taken the vaccine under Dr's advice. A lot of the comments on his instagram story seemed to be people saying he did was right for him (my implication being they wouldn't take the vaccine). I don't know the breakdown of his followers, but i guess it is a mix of sporty fashion conscious young adults who buy his fashion gear, and probably more black men and women etc?

Most of my social circle have all had or are getting the vaccine, is it different for other people on here? So for instance under 30s?

Given your repeated embarrassingly incorrect predictions for oxford united, I'd wager you lack the analytical mind to be able to interpret simple, nevermind complex data.

Most of my social circle have all had or are getting the vaccine, is it different for other people on here? So for instance under 30s?

Same experience as yourself. I'm not under 40 let alone 30 though.

My daughters are 16 and 13, but won't have them vaccinated, at least not yet. Far too early to assess real-world stuff like fertility, puberty and other possible health issues. Me and the missus are both over 40 and won't be having any more kids, so it's the responsible thing for us to do, but I'm not pushing the issue on the young ones. I don't think we're alone in the matter either. If they get corona then there is a much higher chance of them recovering with little to no impact in any case, and if their parents, grandparents etc. are all vaccinated then I don't see the harm.

Interesting data circulating, if you care to search, where the Kent variant (previously prevalent in the UK) is being suppressed but the cases of Indian variant are rising to make it more prevalent...... however the overall numbers are still looking stable.

Work is down to Defcon 1. :) (y)

Given your repeated embarrassingly incorrect predictions for oxford united, I'd wager you lack the analytical mind to be able to interpret simple, nevermind complex data.
I work for a data analytics company so that would be ironic.

The key thing is that where cases are going up, as expected Hospital admissions are going up. Check out Scotlands figures today, and Greater Manchester. This variant is very very transmissable. You look at the case number differences in places that have it and dont to see just how much.

There are still a large amount of people susceptible through only being single vaxed.

Dont get me wrong, this wont be of second wave proportions, but we will certainly see the impact and more will die unneccessarily.

Number of people in Leicestershire who tested positive:
37293 (increase of 38) were within the City Council area.
45029 (increase of 21) cases were reported in the County.

No deaths, that's nearly 3 weeks now and we`ve only got 9 positive cases in.

Something I saw over the weekend. Remember footballer Marvin Morgan, used to play for Aldershot and then had a brain seizure whilst at Plymouth. He had another seizure a few weeks ago playing mates football and it's with him for the rest of his life. Anyway, I still follow his social media. So he was saying that he had taken the vaccine under Dr's advice. A lot of the comments on his instagram story seemed to be people saying he did was right for him (my implication being they wouldn't take the vaccine). I don't know the breakdown of his followers, but i guess it is a mix of sporty fashion conscious young adults who buy his fashion gear, and probably more black men and women etc?

Most young people I know are simply desperate to get back to their lives. The vast majority will take the vaccine without hesitation.

Back
Top Bottom