International News Covid-19 .....

All the people who have been on furlough can pay it back, 80% tax rate for them is the rumour.

😂

It was insane. Hancock was basically asking Morgan to thank him for all his work during the pandemic. You couldn't make it up!
I think Matt has done a wonderful job during the pandemic and I can't wait to see him back at our local to thank him for his generosity stewardship during this difficult time. He gave me a chance to try my arm at something new. Who could foresee that you can't transfer skills from making plastic beer glasses into producing PPE? Some will baulk at the £30m this little oversight cost and the perception that I didn't know the first thing about producing PPE but Matt asked me to prove the doubters wrong and better still, he told me that if I did mess it up, no-one would find out because he'd keep the whole thing hush hush - what a friend!

I think I might owe him an apology though.

Matt for PM!

I cant f*****g stand Morgan. He had my grudging respect prior for holding Ministers to account but his Xmas jaunt to Antigua showed him to be a hypocritical piece of s**t who just chases ratings.
I agree, but in this case he was the lesser of two evils.

Numbers....... yesterdays. Sorry, on AL this week!!
74,020 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 73,825 (increase 195).
33,387 (increase of 84) were within the Leicester City Council area.
40,633 (increase of 111) cases were reported in the County.
UHL reported 17 death's.
The death's occurred on the following days, 4th January (1), 9th January (1), 10th January (1), 10th February (1), 13th February (1), 14th February (3), 15th February (2), 16th February (5), 18th February (1) and 19th February (1)
Total number of UHL death's stands at 1284.

All the people who have been on furlough can pay it back, 80% tax rate for them is the rumour.

haha.... very odd source

Govt also expecting all savers to kick start the economy.

Odd really, considering having not claimed a penny in any form of grant, furlough, utc, etc, now being expected to go out and spend. Then what? Another lockdown and no money left in savings to see us through.... Don't think so.

What we have saved is going on an extra holiday or two as & when the time is right.
We have certainly established what is essential and what is consumerist habit.
The societal changes are not to be underestimated....

We have certainly established what is essential and what is consumerist habit.
The societal changes are not to be underestimated....

You're very optimistic. Round here the savings seem to have been spunked into large new SUVs. I also know somebody who's booked 3 cruises.

People who haven't lost out had more and have gained more than people who weren't well off in general. As you say, societal changes are not to be underestimated....

You're very optimistic. Round here the savings seem to have been spunked into large new SUVs. I also know somebody who's booked 3 cruises.

People who haven't lost out had more and have gained more than people who weren't well off in general. As you say, societal changes are not to be underestimated....

Always optimistic, the glass is half full!
Had to keep working, unlike many of the neighbours, who seem to be keeping the building, gardening and decorating businesses ticking over well!!
Only four new vehicles have arrived on the street and one of them was ours!
Roll on Summer!

In Oxford the infection rates have been sky high in Rose Hill and Cowley, practically zero in Summertown. The people able to wfh are safer as well as quids in.

Back
Top Bottom