International News Covid-19 .....

62008 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 61364 (increase 644).
28130 (increase of 309) were within the Leicester City Council area.
33878 (increase of 335) cases were reported in Leicestershire County.

UHL reported 15 death's.
The death's occurred on the following days; 15th January (5), 16th January (4), 17th January (3) and 18th January (3).
Total UHL death's stands at 943.

Vaccination data is now released daily.
Daily figure for 20th Jan.
England 1st Dose 318,151
England 2nd Dose 2,723
England Daily Total 320,874
UK Daily Total 366,919
Total number of vaccination.
England 1st Dose Total 4,303,730
England 2nd Dose Total 436,848
England Total 4,740,578
UK Total 5,437,284

In "secret" and unofficial news - virologists at work are finding Sars-Cov-2 in samples from September, October & November 2019.

Do you have a tattoo of this across your lower back? :)

Every time there’s duplicity from a Tory you defend it this way. And every time I respond saying you should have higher standards of elected officials. But you seem to revel in it!

Elected officials are just people. Same as us, making judgements day in day out it`s just theirs have far broader influences.

If the cabinet, all 20+ of them, agree on something then it happens.
If it is split then so is the outcome.
The outcome often reflects how the decision was reached.

Let us surmise 2 or 3 ministers wanted the borders closed hard and the other 17-18 didn`t because it greatly impacted their "bit" then it gets pushed back.
Remember SAGE have already said it wouldn`t have made much difference barring a delay of between 1 to 4 weeks.

And that doesn`t matter what colour rosette they wear or who is in charge.

It`s just politics.

Elected officials are just people. Same as us, making judgements day in day out it`s just theirs have far broader influences.

If the cabinet, all 20+ of them, agree on something then it happens.
If it is split then so is the outcome.
The outcome often reflects how the decision was reached.

Let us surmise 2 or 3 ministers wanted the borders closed hard and the other 17-18 didn`t because it greatly impacted their "bit" then it gets pushed back.
Remember SAGE have already said it wouldn`t have made much difference barring a delay of between 1 to 4 weeks.

And that doesn`t matter what colour rosette they wear or who is in charge.

It`s just politics.
Totally agree but it is this government that has got it so wrong over and over again. I personally would have said exactly the same whoever was in power.

Totally agree but it is this government that has got it so wrong over and over again. I personally would have said exactly the same whoever was in power.

I`ll agree there have been some poor choices made however it is not purely HMG that are culpable, or so my "realistic" head says!

Take the discharge and admission transactions of positive patients from care home to hospital and vice versa.
Once "the system" (NHS, Private care homes, patient transport etc) realised they were throwing hand grenades at each other and the testing "caught up" it was fixed.

Closing the borders sounds and should be easy....... or do we end up like Aus with 35,000 citizens "locked out"? What about the goods "under the airplane seats" ?

Lockdowns - not hard enough IMHO....................to tough for many folk.

Things that are open like Garden centres, nurseries etc. Nope - shut them. Someone will campaign or object!

"Essential travel" - random road blocks, that would go down well......

Cancel Christmas - well they gave us the choice to go either way.

Almost every decision made has a knock on and it strikes me that HMG are trying to steer a centre line between the rocks and clipping a few along the way.

No, he meant Alf Ramesy - father of Dave Tutankhamoo.

Funny how the unswerving punctuality of chance deposits little gifts on our feet as it disposes. It's given me a man who can make pasta from the following list of ingredients:
"Assembly of ravioli:
•1 egg yolk, whisked
•Microgreens (micro basil, micro sorrel, depending on availability), for garnish"

Who can it be? Step forward Gordon "whaur's ma troosers" Ramesy!

Patel havin a virtual meetin at Downin Street this evenin. Things improvin daily We are prayin for an exit from this devastatin virus. On a serious note, stay safe everyone on this forum...... Some of us older ones must be getting a bit jittery......I know I am.
Do you have an aversion to the letter 'g'? Or is this street talk?

Patel havin a virtual meetin at Downin Street this evenin. Things improvin daily We are prayin for an exit from this devastatin virus. On a serious note, stay safe everyone on this forum...... Some of us older ones must be getting a bit jittery......I know I am.
That's what happens when you lose on the ggs

This is my last post. I hope you all stay safe and well. Please for yourselves, family and friend don't jut rely on main stream media and government bodies for your information, do your own research and listen to and watch other experts for alternative views. Happy Christmas and hopefully 2021.
Neville the uncredible has amnesia

Can someone, anyone, please, please, please, please, please tell me why only people attending house parties of more than 15 people will incur the new fine of £800? Why not ANYONE attending a house party? WHY? WHY? WHY?

Can someone, anyone, please, please, please, please, please tell me why it would be better to have 15,000 of your citizens dead rather than 15,000 of your citizens temporarily 'locked out' of your country?

Can someone, anyone, please, please, please, please, please tell me why only people attending house parties of more than 15 people will incur the new fine of £800? Why not ANYONE attending a house party? WHY? WHY? WHY?

A seemingly arbitrary number that defines a "party" ? I`m with you anyone there gets £800 straight off.

Can someone, anyone, please, please, please, please, please tell me why it would be better to have 15,000 of your citizens dead rather than 15,000 of your citizens temporarily 'locked out' of your country?

How many citizens have returned since Lockdown 1? I`ll bet it`s a lot more than 15k.

Back
Top Bottom