International News Covid-19 .....

remind me, who was home sec in March 2020? :unsure: :rolleyes: :oops: .....

That`s politics for you.
For every Minister saying do it there would be one saying "Yes, but....."
Interesting that SAGE said it would only have delayed things by between 5 days to a month.

1800+ deceased today.
However we (the nation) are turning a corner albeit slowly.

Lots of numbers.......

60666 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 60,153 (increase 513).
27458 (increase of 234) were within the Leicester City Council area.
33,208 (increase of 279) cases were reported in the County.

UHL reported 1 death.
The death occurred on ; 29th December (1).
Total UHL death's stands at 918.

Vaccination data is now released daily. The daily figures are the reported date not the date the vaccination actually took place.
Daily figure for 18th Jan
England 1st Dose 167,150
England 2nd Dose 3,750
England Daily Total 170,900
UK Daily Total 208,641
Total number of vaccinations.
England 1st Dose Total 3,687,206.
England 2nd Dose Total 431,136
England Total 4,118,342
UK Total 4,723,443

We`ve discharged 3,190 patients who have recovered from Covid.
Current positive inpatient total is 420.
Patients requiring mechanical ventilation 48

Staff sickness is back up to around 12% with around 50% of those being Covid related (isolating or ill).

61364 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 60,666 (increase of 698).
27821 (increase of 363) were within the Leicester City Council area.
33543 (increase of 335) cases were reported in the County.

UHL reported 10 death's.
The death's occurred on the following days; 12th January (1), 13th January (1), 14th January (4), 15th January (1), 16th January (1), 17th January (1) and 18th January (1).
Total number of UHL death's stands at 928.

Vaccine stats.......
Daily figure for 18th Jan
England 1st Dose 298,373
England 2nd Dose 2,989
England Daily Total 301,362
UK Daily Total 346,922
Total number of vaccination.
England 1st Dose Total 3,985,579
England 2nd Dose Total 434,125
England Total 4,419,704
UK Total 5,070,365

There is a light at the end of the tunnel....

The falls may be levelling off and the R rate may rise again according to this:

Presumably because we haven't locked down as tightly as we did in March despite the virus being more transmissible. This will ultimately lead to the need for an even longer lockdown than otherwise would have been needed. So as well had having one of the worse death rates our economy will take one of the biggest hits. I blame Corbyn.

Not really a shock, can’t see crowds for anything before the September vaccine date the government are aiming for, let alone a hundred thousand people camping in fields for a weekend.

Being over 80 had my jab on Tuesday, told it wont go into the immune system for the first 10 days then 21 days before taking any effect, even then only about 59%. Have to wait up to 12 weeks before having the 2nd one which will be 95% effective after 7 days. Unfortunately looks like most of you guys and ladies will have a long wait for yours.

Being over 80 had my jab on Tuesday, told it wont go into the immune system for the first 10 days then 21 days before taking any effect, even then only about 59%. Have to wait up to 12 weeks before having the 2nd one which will be 95% effective after 7 days. Unfortunately looks like most of you guys and ladies will have a long wait for yours.
As I understand it, the 59%/95% figures are the numbers of people that will develop an immune reaction as a consequence of the vaccine rather than the effectiveness of said reaction.

Have to say I'm impressed with our local G.P. Surgeries here in Maldon (Essex). My drinking buddies and I are all early 70s and we were contacted by Text on Monday this week inviting to book appt for the Jab. All three of us have appts for tomorrow at our Council Offices which is now the local hub. Plenty of parking and two miles away.

monitor this if you have any backbone blowfish.

Dr. James Lyons-Weiler’s coronavirus research: COVID-19 vaccines contain ingredients known to cause autoimmune disease – Dr. Eddy Bettermann MD (dreddymd.com)

Brilliant. Another cranky sounbite from another 'I don't have a mind of my own so I have to quote others' poster. What exactly is your point?

Patel havin a virtual meetin at Downin Street this evenin. Things improvin daily We are prayin for an exit from this devastatin virus. On a serious note, stay safe everyone on this forum...... Some of us older ones must be getting a bit jittery......I know I am.

Back
Top Bottom