International News Covid-19 .....

Not sure how a French government trapping French lorry drivers in the UK for Christmas is political. Imports are sill coming in. It's the virus......!
All 27 EU countries now banning travel from the UK whilst on-going Brexit discussions....no, I don’t think it’s got anything to do with politics either.

I think if you look at the way other countries have dealt with it worldwide, there is a better way, there is also a worse way to be fair. But you cannot run away from the fact that the UK response has been in the lower quartile of the world's responses.
To be fair most of the best responses are from countries who learnt from responding to The Sars virus and not afraid to take draconian action at the beginning.
Also in the vast majority of countries the population listen and do as they are asked. The very day that the pubs opened my wife and I had had a walk around Christchurch meadows followed by lunch in the Four Candles. We sat upstairs and 10 minutes afterwards a group of students arrived followed by another and another probably totalling 25 who were having a couple then as they put it going to the off licence and back to halls for a session.!!

Places like Kidlington which have bumbled away at around less than 50 for weeks now up at 250 in a week. Banbury is absolutely hammered at around 600, Barton absolutely sky high too.

Cowley North, around Churchill is also really high according to the interactive map on the .gov.uk site as well as Banbury and Barton. The rates are increasing in the likes of Abingdon and Wallingford as well iirc.

Sadly will be well past that now, it’s going mad in Cherwell.
In order to stop the virus getting out of all control thereby causing even worse health and economic outcomes further down the line we should have been put in tier 4 on Saturday. We should have a poll on when we think Johnson will eventually catch up .... again.

In order to stop the virus getting out of all control thereby causing even worse health and economic outcomes further down the line we should have been put in tier 4 on Saturday. We should have a poll on when we think Johnson will eventually catch up .... again.
It’s only really gone mad though in the last 3/4 days though for example yesterday there were 58 I think today it’s 107

The second wave is spreading out from London, similar to last time but different areas peaking quicker than last time.
Stoke Mandeville is currently in a worse state than in the peak of the first wave.
This tier 2 tier 4 nonsense is just not working. People in Tier 4 who for instance shop in Tier 2 are still doing so. The public respect for the measures have gone.
The virus will spread but under existing measures it will simply spread quicker. Oxfordshire should be in Tier 4. I am sure it will be in the next review.

The second wave is spreading out from London, similar to last time but different areas peaking quicker than last time.
Stoke Mandeville is currently in a worse state than in the peak of the first wave.
This tier 2 tier 4 nonsense is just not working. People in Tier 4 who for instance shop in Tier 2 are still doing so. The public respect for the measures have gone.
The virus will spread but under existing measures it will simply spread quicker. Oxfordshire should be in Tier 4. I am sure it will be in the next review.
It’s almost like it would be a really good idea if no constituency could be more than one tier different from any that it shares a border with, so that restrictions tightened the closer you got to the worst hit areas, and so that people in Tier 4 couldn’t just nip ten minutes down the road into Tier 2 to have a spot of lunch at the pub and do a bit of shopping.

I said this on the day that they announced Tier 4 but didn’t make these changes or take this into consideration before doing so, but I don’t like to go on about it because you can’t be using hindsight to point out your foresight. It isn’t cricket.

All 27 EU countries now banning travel from the UK whilst on-going Brexit discussions....no, I don’t think it’s got anything to do with politics either.

If we'd temporarily shut our borders back in March I'd have thought it sensible.

I think Europe and many others are acting sensibly now.

It’s almost like it would be a really good idea if no constituency could be more than one tier different from any that it shares a border with, so that restrictions tightened the closer you got to the worst hit areas, and so that people in Tier 4 couldn’t just nip ten minutes down the road into Tier 2 to have a spot of lunch at the pub and do a bit of shopping.

I said this on the day that they announced Tier 4 but didn’t make these changes or take this into consideration before doing so, but I don’t like to go on about it because you can’t be using hindsight to point out your foresight. It isn’t cricket.
Looks like many areas will go into tier 4 from Boxing Day and the possibility of a National Lockdown a distinct possibility from then as well.

Back
Top Bottom