International News Covid-19 .....

You could train a monkey to do a nasal swab.
Just got the folk who were doing the pre-Christmas ones at the various Uni`s in to do it.

Just don`t expect any teachers to use their "Christmas Shopping" days or "Training Days" to do it........ :) *

*Festive humour...... we all know Christmas Shopping Day was last Friday.
You are actually quite insulting.

So the Govt can't set up an effective test and trace system with all their resources but they expect a school to do so without the resources? Bonkers, never mind the timing or Heads finding out from News programmes. And Schools Minister, Nick Gibb saying "swift action" has to be taken, where was this urgency/fast pace from his Govt from March onwards? I mean the Govt have only had from before the start of term to put plans in place for something like this with appropriate resources and working with the schools to get the system right. It is like the

This comment from the article best sums it up for me:

"Another head teacher, Simon Uttley, of Blessed Hugh Faringdon School in Reading, said he also first heard of government plans from the BBC News app.
He said the reality of Covid was like the Battle of Britain, but the government response is more like Dad's Army."
I repeat my assertion from a few weeks ago that out of all of the Govt Ministers in place this year, none has done a more hapless and disastrous job during this pandemic than Gavin Williamson et al, in what should have been a relatively easy department to manage compared to some.

OMFG not you again. Being so cheerful keeps you going.
just to save anyone else watching, covid was planned be the world’s larges hedge funds as a way of taking complete control of the world.

That they end up doing that will be no more than a happy accident of course.

Thursday numbers...... last from me for a while.
42220 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 41967 (increase 253).
19668 (increase of 101) were within the Leicester City Council area.
22552 (increase of 152) cases were reported in the County.
UHL reported 7 death's. The death's occurred on 8th December (1), 10th December (1), 11th December (1), 12th December (2), 14th December (1) and 15th December (1).
Total number of UHL death's now stands at 680.

And he and people like him is the reason we never get on top of this thing.
Yep, not stopping him from going for another skin full tonight.

I honestly think he wants to get a message from track and trace telling him to self isolate for two weeks, he has "managed" to get three extended holidays already.

Yep, not stopping him from going for another skin full tonight.

I honestly think he wants to get a message from track and trace telling him to self isolate for two weeks, he has "managed" to get three extended holidays already.

I'd been idly wondering if there had been much abuse of this.

Obviously jealousy on my part since I haven't managed two weeks off.

I'd been idly wondering if there had been much abuse of this.

Obviously jealousy on my part since I haven't managed two weeks off.
In my opinion I would say yes. Back in the spring work announced that anyone that had any reason to believe they had been in contact with anybody that might have covid should self isolate for two weeks on full pay. Work could spin it they were a super caring employer looking after their employees, I think most believed they were s**t scared that one infected person in the wrong place would shut the place down. The topic of conversation drifted to who would be the first to have two weeks "holiday" and most opinions were correct. Housemates girlfriends mum sneezed when she was downwind....... I think someone managed to wangle 8 weeks, another 6. Of course the vast majority followed the advice and were perfectly fine. Those that were off were the same people that have a day off because "of something they ate" the day after they play darts or pool or tripped over the dog and sprained their ankle the weekend before their birthday. There were obviously genuine people with concerns and a couple that tested positive ( thankfully fine now).

In my opinion I would say yes. Back in the spring work announced that anyone that had any reason to believe they had been in contact with anybody that might have covid should self isolate for two weeks on full pay. Work could spin it they were a super caring employer looking after their employees, I think most believed they were s**t scared that one infected person in the wrong place would shut the place down. The topic of conversation drifted to who would be the first to have two weeks "holiday" and most opinions were correct. Housemates girlfriends mum sneezed when she was downwind....... I think someone managed to wangle 8 weeks, another 6. Of course the vast majority followed the advice and were perfectly fine. Those that were off were the same people that have a day off because "of something they ate" the day after they play darts or pool or tripped over the dog and sprained their ankle the weekend before their birthday. There were obviously genuine people with concerns and a couple that tested positive ( thankfully fine now).

Hard to tell at our place. We're still only at 30% occupancy as those who can work from home generally are. (You can tell the day-trippers who pop in once a fortnight and think it's fun)

. Work could spin it they were a super caring employer looking after their employees, I think most believed they were s**t scared that one infected person in the wrong place would shut the place down.
Call me Mr. Cynical, but where I work it would more likely to be that "one infected person might sue us". Now the legal dept. has had a look at the small sprint we can show that if you get infected it definitely wasn't our fault so get back to work and stop whinging.

Hard to tell at our place. We're still only at 30% occupancy as those who can work from home generally are. (You can tell the day-trippers who pop in once a fortnight and think it's fun)
Yeah all the office jockeys at our place are "working" from home, its amazing how slow some are to reply during working hours though. The field personnel are not allowed on site although some of the sales reps have matters that need addressing which are far more important than covid (it usually involves them earning commission).

Call me Mr. Cynical, but where I work it would more likely to be that "one infected person might sue us". Now the legal dept. has had a look at the small sprint we can show that if you get infected it definitely wasn't our fault so get back to work and stop whinging.
One of the guys that had it had been off a couple of days and the bloke that worked opposite him felt ill. Now im sure it had nothing to do with them being very busy, or that they were very short of man hours but he was told it was okay for him to keep working............

Oxfordshire is classed as South East, but we are in T2, would these new restrictions apply to us? Or just these in T3 moving to T4?

Last edited:
No overnight stay if you’re in tier 4 and no nonessential travel, so surely football clubs in London and south east won’t be able to travel.

Elite sport has been exempt for ages.
Well it shouldn’t be now if this new strain. Is spreading faster and why should someone not be able to travel to another tier to visit when a team with approximately 30 + be able to travel from a tier 4 to a tier 2 area when it’s already been experienced within elite sport that people are catching the virus.

Back
Top Bottom