International News Covid-19 .....

How would cancelling the Beano help? Its not like Dennis the Menace is a super spreader?
Have the Beano and it will show the idiots going out celebrating Xmas getting oissed and not giving a toss about the virus and then we’re back in lockdown 3

Hey MC, I can see all the "China" experts are again out in force.

I would point out that Mainland Chinese as a culture behave very different to us. First of all, Chinese predominately aren't touchy/feely people. The few times of social contact were shaking hands in business situations. You won't see them giving pats on the back or hugs. They have quite strict personal space.

Also, in HK and MC masks were very common anyhow, whether it was for pollution or even the slightest cough/cold.

Religous gatherings are predominantly Buddhist in large open temples.

Plus when they government want to do something, as we have seen they don't muck about.

I would point out that Mainland Chinese as a culture behave very different to us. First of all, Chinese predominately aren't touchy/feely people. The few times of social contact were shaking hands in business situations. You won't see them giving pats on the back or hugs. They have quite strict personal space.

Also, in HK and MC masks were very common anyhow, whether it was for pollution or even the slightest cough/cold.

Plus when they government want to do something, as we have seen they don't muck about.
Ah , he is with this propaganda. Look forward to seeing your thoughts on tonight’s game in the match post, you don’t post on anything about OUFC or on team matters .

Do we chap ?

Ah , he is with this propaganda. Look forward to seeing your thoughts on tonight’s game in the match post, you don’t post on anything about OUFC or on team matters .

Do we chap ?
Hello, was just giving some reasons on why the numbers in China could be different, apart from the lack of openness in the China Press.

To me, its all about being at football, at the stadia, whether the Manor, Kassam or Paroi. Nothing can beat that, hence my dislike for the Premier League or any other league on TV. Same goes for National Teams, nothing can beat supporting England or Malaysia and actually being there.

I have just had my first child, a daughter so sleep is a premium, but haven't subscribed to iFollow as well. On games and the team, some of us Exiles have a WhatsApp group that we discuss about games, etc.

But am perplexed how we did so well last season yet this season we are hovering above relegation.

I hope your well, keep healthy and safe.

• React
Reactions: UTM

Uh oh it’s the secret agent. What did you think of our performance against Hull?

Monday numbers......
41606 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 41,399 (increase 207).
19394 (increase of 80) were within the Leicester City Council area.
22212 (increase of 127) cases were reported in the County.

UHL reported 0 death's.

Total number of UHL death's stands at 670.

We have 8 wards with "outbreaks" 4 at the Royal, 2 at Glenfield and 2 at the General.

Sounds positive! I guess if there’s “mountains of data” for the drug since they uncovered its “miraculous” ability to defeat the virus then the new vaccine must have an even larger mountain?

I would question his suggestion that there’s not been alternative research with existing medications (not sure if I misunderstood). There’s been trials using a whole range of existing treatments and drugs since the start.

In the U.K. there have also been a number of studies! (Check out the University of Birmingham nasal spray).

Someone on Radio5 Live this morning said something to the effect, 'nobody's telling me how many people to meet with this Christmas and I will not be keeping to the rules'. How many times can you multiply this by? 100,000, 500,000 a couple of million? It's why we need more than wishy washy 'instruction' from government.

We as a family spent ages working out how you make a bubble of 3 households would work without upsetting somebody and came to the conclusion it was too much of a headache, so we are having nobody over and doing Christmas as just the 4 of us.... and most people I have spoken to since are in similar positions, and hopefully a good proportion of the country will be sensible.

But there is a human side too, my folks have a family friend over for dinner every Christmas as he lives alone and has no family, in that sort of situation I believe the relaxations are fully justifiable.

• React
Reactions: m
Someone on Radio5 Live this morning said something to the effect, 'nobody's telling me how many people to meet with this Christmas and I will not be keeping to the rules'. How many times can you multiply this by? 100,000, 500,000 a couple of million? It's why we need more than wishy washy 'instruction' from government.

That sounds more to me like they are saying I don't like the rules and will be ignoring them regardless, rather than they do not understand them. Let's be honest '3 households can form a bubble' is pretty clear and unambiguous for a change.

That sounds more to me like they are saying I don't like the rules and will be ignoring them regardless, rather than they do not understand them. Let's be honest '3 households can form a bubble' is pretty clear and unambiguous for a change.
No so sure. I've heard people on TV and radio say they think if they meet one other household on one day they can meet another one another day. They can't if the second household has already met someone else. Not all people are getting it.

Much as Johnson's ineptitude pisses me off on a daily basis...

We all know the virus now. We all know the risks. We all have access to infection rates locally, nationally and even internationally.

Time for some personal responsibility.

No so sure. I've heard people on TV and radio say they think if they meet one other household on one day they can meet another one another day. They can't if the second household has already met someone else. Not all people are getting it.
I wonder though how much of that is genuine misunderstanding? I suspect a large element of 'I am deliberately going to misinterpret it so I can do exactly as I want', because lets be clear if you pick up a newspaper, listen to the news or read the instructions on a website it is explained very clearly, concisely and explicitly, for me no excuses the instructions are for once very clear.

Much as Johnson's ineptitude pisses me off on a daily basis...

We all know the virus now. We all know the risks. We all have access to infection rates locally, nationally and even internationally.

Time for some personal responsibility.
I totally agree with you... but, in too many cases, it ain't going to happen.

And there's the rub.

I wonder though how much of that is genuine misunderstanding? I suspect a large element of 'I am deliberately going to misinterpret it so I can do exactly as I want', because lets be clear if you pick up a newspaper, listen to the news or read the instructions on a website it is explained very clearly, concisely and explicitly, for me no excuses the instructions are for once very clear.
Yep. Sounds plausibly. The ready made excuse of stupidly!

Back
Top Bottom