International News Covid-19 .....

And todays.....
Todays numbers....
25,663 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 25,102 (increase 561).
12,539 (increase of 250) were within the Leicester City Council area.
13,124 (increase of 311) cases were reported in the County.
UHL reported 1 death. The death occurred on 6th November.
Total number of UHL death's now stands at 497.

Calm yourself about that vaccine.
They could only make 50 million by the end of this year, and you need 2 jabs each, and it needs to be stored & transported at -80.

Apart from that...it is a chink of light.

Not that this is the time to be partisan, but is the one Oxford Uni are involved in?

No. Oxford Uni is in a tie up with AstraZeneca and although not approved an Aussie firm has started producing about 30m doses:

looks as if these are interim results, they are Twitter testing at stage 3. The Oxford vaccine are probably further ahead in stage 3 but not released interim results to the public.
a vaccine needs min 50% success rate so 90% is great.

looks as if these are interim results, they are Twitter testing at stage 3. The Oxford vaccine are probably further ahead in stage 3 but not released interim results to the public.
a vaccine needs min 50% success rate so 90% is great.
But what about the 10% that isn’t safe, what is the reason for only 90% rather than 100% we need to know why 10%!isn’t a success.

But what about the 10% that isn’t safe, what is the reason for only 90% rather than 100% we need to know why 10%!isn’t a success.
I guess (haven’t read up on the specifics for this vaccine) that 10% of people simply don’t develop immunity. That’s ok if everyone gets vaccinated - just like people who are immune compromised or very young or old are protected from whooping cough by everyone else getting vaccinated. The infection properties of covid are such that if half of people are immune, then the others have a very very small chance of catching it from someone else. Immunisation is a bit counterintuitive which is why antivaxxers manage to maintain a group of followers.

Jonathan Van-Tam says that "we haven't won the cup yet", but what it "does tell you is that the keeper can be beaten".
The deputy chief medical officer for England said we do not yet know what the vaccine breakthrough means for when we can get back to a normal life.

I just hope JVT isn`t a closet United supporter...................................... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Jonathan Van-Tam says that "we haven't won the cup yet", but what it "does tell you is that the keeper can be beaten".
The deputy chief medical officer for England said we do not yet know what the vaccine breakthrough means for when we can get back to a normal life.

I just hope JVT isn`t a closet United supporter...................................... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I hope you and what Van-Tam has said comes to fruition, and I’m sure you’ve read or heard since the first lockdown the idiots who don’t believe what the scientists are saying.

Can’t understand.and why estate agents and car garages are open when so many self employed are forced to close.
Chiropractors can work but hairdressers can’t, strange world in which we live

I hope you and what Van-Tam has said comes to fruition, and I’m sure you’ve read or heard since the first lockdown the idiots who don’t believe what the scientists are saying.

The BBC are already hyping it up so much it is ridiculous.
The reason it was trialled on 6 other countries is that their standards are lower than in the UK.
It will still need to pass UK QC.
Then you need two shots so 50 million doses = 25 million folk (worldwide!).
It needs to be transported and stored at -80 .... good luck with that. Most GP`s etc haven`t got a -80 freezer!

It is a chink of light but it`s not a solution yet and won`t be for a long while yet......

Can’t understand.and why estate agents and car garages are open when so many self employed are forced to close.
Chiropractors can work but hairdressers can’t, strange world in which we live
Obviously hairdressers have missed a trick by not claiming to be a form of medical treatment. If they came up with some B*****s that your hair stores toxins and needs to be removed to avoid poisoning your body, supported by some ropey pseudoscience from the turn of the last century, then they might be open now!

The reason it was trialled on 6 other countries is that their standards are lower than in the UK.
It needs to be transported and stored at -80 .... good luck with that. Most GP`s etc haven`t got a -80 freezer!

It is a chink of light but it`s not a solution yet and won`t be for a long while yet......
Bloody high standards! Can’t we just lower them all and have it as is? I’m sick of all this red tape.

Todays numbers......
26,328 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 25,633 (daily increase 665).
12,784 (daily increase of 245) were within the Leicester City Council area.
13,544 (daily increase of 420) cases were reported in the County.

2 deaths authorised, total stands at 499.

2 deaths authorised? Who chooses??

Its a system thing really as a "Covid death" has to have a confirmed positive test within 28 days.
So it crosses between EPR (Electronic Patient Record) where the death is logged and the LIMS (Laboratory Information System) where the latest results sit.
EPR can be "behind" on some transactions although not always!
Once everything is in place someone "signs it off" (authorised) then the Covid death counter clicks on by 1.

But you try telling others and see if they believe you, to many muppets out there.

Back
Top Bottom