International News Covid-19 .....

Not the symptom tracker anymore?

Nope, folk are refocussing on fewer information streams that have solid evidence behind them.
Still doing lots of community/mental health surveys etc.
And not donating convalescent plasma anymore as my AB level has dropped below 3.0. It`s down to 2.85 but 3 is the cut off.

So the app can't harvest your data but how safe is it to have Bluetooth on all the time? I've read in the past that it can enable hacking so I generally keep mine turned off unless I am actively using it (car, listening to music, radio etc).

So the app can't harvest your data but how safe is it to have Bluetooth on all the time? I've read in the past that it can enable hacking so I generally keep mine turned off unless I am actively using it (car, listening to music, radio etc).
So long as your phone software is up to date it should be ok. Same can be said about wifi. It's no unsafer IMO.

Two interesting open letters from experts in Belgium and the UK. The letter written to Boris Johnson from Professor Gupta of Oxford University, Professor Carl Heneghan and Professor Karol Sikora has 32 signatories from leading experts in the field.

Seems the experts are very divided on how to deal with this. Makes it strange how Whitty and Vallance did not take questions on Monday and why this is not being widely debated?

Personally, I don't think the media, with their scaremongering, left the Government with any other option.

Also - something for the conspiracy theorists - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ance-has-600000-shareholding-firm-contracted/

Last edited:

Two interesting open letters from experts in Belgium and the UK. The letter written to Boris Johnson from Professor Gupta of Oxford University, Professor Carl Heneghan and Professor Karol Sikora has 32 signatories from leading experts in the field.

Seems the experts are very divided on how to deal with this. Makes it strange how Whitty and Vallance did not take questions on Monday?

Also - something for the conspiracy theorists - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ance-has-600000-shareholding-firm-contracted/

On Vallance, he sold shares he owned in GSK before taking the job and this is the residual that he couldn't sell at the time due to the terms he received them.

I find it somewhat hypocritical that the Telegraph picks this out whilst being quiet/paying lip service to the Tory donors and Dom's mates getting all those public contracts without tenders under the Coronavirus situation whilst generally failing to fulfil those contracts.

Dull numbers stuff............... and why we (the NHS) need to be ahead of the curve.

Early on we had very little testing, effectively only inpatients were tested.
We probably had 100k+ positive folk in the country and we could only "see" the tip of the iceberg.
Now we need to be ahead of the curve so "test ,test, test" is finding more cases, which can be acted on and (hopefully!) lead to fewer admissions & fewer deaths.

11,102 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 10,968 (increase 134).
6697 (increase of 81) are within the Leicester City Council area.
4405 (increase of 53) cases were reported in Leicestershire County.
Our Trust reported 2 death's (18th & 19th Sept).
The hospital total deaths stands at 446.

And some people are selfish ends of the bell.

Good luck to Oxford when the students start "interacting".......

Dull numbers stuff............... and why we (the NHS) need to be ahead of the curve.

Early on we had very little testing, effectively only inpatients were tested.
We probably had 100k+ positive folk in the country and we could only "see" the tip of the iceberg.
Now we need to be ahead of the curve so "test ,test, test" is finding more cases, which can be acted on and (hopefully!) lead to fewer admissions & fewer deaths.

11,102 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 10,968 (increase 134).
6697 (increase of 81) are within the Leicester City Council area.
4405 (increase of 53) cases were reported in Leicestershire County.
Our Trust reported 2 death's (18th & 19th Sept).
The hospital total deaths stands at 446.

And some people are selfish ends of the bell.

Good luck to Oxford when the students start "interacting".......
Brookes Freshers already have, I hear

Business is business no matter who`s name is on the board.
It's the phrase "extra money to ensure profits are maintained" that is disturbing if true. Not the job of the government to maintain profits, but to arguably cover some of any losses.

Although there are future knighthood to protect I guess...

It's the phrase "extra money to ensure profits are maintained" that is disturbing if true. Not the job of the government to maintain profits, but to arguably cover some of any losses.

Although there are future knighthood to protect I guess...

You could argue that for any business receiving support from HMG.
Tell them to use their profits first.
Unfortunately their profits are probably sitting in an offshore tax haven having been shifted through various shell companies.
Unlike Lizzie.

Being head of a sovereign state with it`s own bank & currency means "they" can just shuffle "money" across spreadsheets and spread the pain/risk.
Same as the ECB/EU will do.
Same as the US et al will do.

It`s just an economic re-set because the maths don`t add up and the consumerist/globalist debt scheme has gone wrong. :)

Back
Top Bottom