International News Covid-19 .....

If you eat what you kill and kill because you have to eat - fine. But you are not surely pretending that people who hunt do it for any other reason at all than because they enjoy killing things? If they enjoy riding, do it without killing things. If wildlife needs culling then that is the least efficient method of doing it.

I repeat 'if you like killing animals for fun, you are a bastard' and if you seek to excuse them, you are just as bad.

Man kills millions of animals on a daily basis.
Your average shed reared KFC chicken has a pretty crap life, a pretty industrial death and is processed by folk paid a pittance. Hey at least your bucket of pieces is only £2.99.
If I go out for a day on a peg and shoot a dozen sporting birds all of which get eaten, stored or passed on what is the difference?

I was feeling a bit fed up , and then I see the “ sporting birds “ fall out on here , and things seem a whole better.... ?

I wonder how many of those who look down on sport shooting have eaten chicken, pork or beef (or consumed dairy) in the past week. Pretty horrendous conditions for any non organic farming methods so it's odd to support one form of cruelty but not the other.

Shooting for sport is pretty unpleasant but it's human nature. We've been doing it for 10,000 years in one form or another.

Local numbers...................
10,872 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 10,808 (increase 64).
6558 (increase of 45) are within the Leicester City Council area.
4314 (increase of 19) cases in the County.

30 or so inpatients tested positive.
No increase in deaths.

Yep.................. "utter bullshit".

You've presented precisely one side of the argument.

Better for wildlife than the natural habitat that existed for millions of years before the grouse moors were artificially created and maintained by an army of serfs on behalf of the landed gentry :unsure:

"Within the law" is the key to that article.

You've presented precisely one side of the argument.

The other side is far less factual and incredibly speculative and for another thread entirely.
End of the day field sports can be Covid secure and carry on.
1600789433303.png

If I go out for a day on a peg and shoot a dozen sporting birds all of which get eaten, stored or passed on what is the difference?
Because *you* are getting pleasure out of killing a sentient creature for your own gratification. I cannot fathom the mentality of someone who gets their jollies out of killing/maiming an animal.

Local numbers...................
10,872 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 10,808 (increase 64).
6558 (increase of 45) are within the Leicester City Council area.
4314 (increase of 19) cases in the County.

30 or so inpatients tested positive.
No increase in deaths.
Why do you think Leicester seems A hot spot .

The other side is far less factual and incredibly speculative and for another thread entirely.
End of the day field sports can be Covid secure and carry on.
View attachment 4647

Agree on two points out of three!

It is for another thread, and there's no reason it can't be Covid secure.

• React
Reactions: UTM
Because *you* are getting pleasure out of killing a sentient creature for your own gratification. I cannot fathom the mentality of someone who gets their jollies out of killing/maiming an animal.
Oh he does have a point here , l fish but always put the fish back....

Yep.................. "utter bullshit".
Modern farming methods have killed far more wildlife than shooting or fox hunting ever has (and that's from someone who doesn't approve of either)

• React
Reactions: m
Why do you think Leicester seems A hot spot .

Primarily because people, as elsewhere, have been selective as to what guidance or rules apply to them.
However there are parts of the country far worse than round here at the moment.

• React
Primarily because people, as elsewhere, have been selective as to what guidance or rules apply to them.
However there are parts of the country far worse than round here at the moment.
Yes that is it in a nutshell , if people did what they should we would be a lot better off.
But glad things are not so bad there at the moment.

Playing catch up.... today 22.09.
10,968 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 10,872 (increase 96).
6616 (increase of 58) are within the Leicester City Council area.
4352 (increase of 38) cases in the County.

• React
So, who thinks the new measures are going to have the desired results and reduce the r number below 1?

I can't see how they are going to touch the sides.

So, who thinks the new measures are going to have the desired results and reduce the r number below 1?

Well not me.

I can't see how reducing pub hours by one hour is going to make a material difference. Going back on the 'get back to work' instruction is sensible (many people were still working at home though if they could), but it does beg the question of what the bloody hell they *thought* was going to happen when people started going back into offices etc and getting there on public transport?

I am glad personally that they haven't implemented a 'no households mixing' as I am going to see (and stay with) my old mum later this week for a few days (we have basically both been self isolating for a fortnight to make it as safe as it can be - I haven't seen her since March), but I suspect that won't be long in coming - and it probably ought to really. They probably ought to shut pubs etc as well.

I think the new measures are more about changing the psychology and a consequential impact on the transmission rate.
More shaking the stick at the people rather than using it.
If people behave then things will improve but if they don`t then expect a more robust approach.

• React
Back
Top Bottom