International News Covid-19 .....

20.2 million tests processed in the UK so far.
13.4 million in Germany for comparison.

@carefreeoufc Germany are testing at airports for "high risk countries", those passengers can also be tested in the country they are leaving up to 48 hours before travel or "up to 3 days after arriving" so make what you wish of that. Easy to grab a headline of "turnaround time" from a broad brush
Oh bloody hell, are we allowed to make international comparisons again? Why didn't anyone tell me! ?

Looks like a combination of private (paid either by airline or passenger) and German Red Cross (free)?
For that turnaround time they must have an onsite/nearby lab but the demand would be far more manageable than an NHS lab!!
Given time I can see that being set up at our major airports.

Yeah I believe it has an onsite lab at Frankfurt Airport. Would there be any reason why we couldn’t already/imminently have the same in place at say LHR?

Im asking as I’m assuming you’ll know what would be required to some extent. Just seems like a bit of an obvious thing for us to do considering the importance of international travel into London.

Yeah I believe it has an onsite lab at Frankfurt Airport. Would there be any reason why we couldn’t already/imminently have the same in place at say LHR?

Im asking as I’m assuming you’ll know what would be required to some extent. Just seems like a bit of an obvious thing for us to do considering the importance of international travel into London.

Effectively it would be like we have in A&E, a small "hot lab" for fast turnaround.
Needs space, equipment, tech and trained staff as well as the support/admin.
I would think samples coulf be biked to a larger facility if needs be like MK?
I would imagine LHR would be a question of who pays for what..... Government, NHS, BA, passengers?

Have put this in one place. Not that its contents matter anyway, cos it came from Twitter originally and that.

Depends on your point of view really.
If something isn`t working you have to find alternative routes to a resolution.
In terms of the IMB he would be pilloried by the very same people if he didn`t put in an insurance policy that retains the sovereignty of our elected parliament.
Like a loaded revolver, its only dangerous if you point it at someone and pull the trigger. ;)

Like a loaded revolver, its only dangerous if you point it at someone and pull the trigger. ;)
Well you just go to any ghetto of your choosing, pull a gun on somebody (which is fine as you aren’t planning on shooting), and then come back and tell us all how it went ;)

The more guns that are on show, the more chance of somebody getting spooked and firing a shot.

Well you just go to any ghetto of your choosing, pull a gun on somebody (which is fine as you aren’t planning on shooting), and then come back and tell us all how it went ;)

The more guns that are on show, the more chance of somebody getting spooked and firing a shot.

Sometimes there comes a point in negotiations you have to suggest you hold a few trump cards.
Taking a gun to a knife fight is always a winner.....

Sometimes there comes a point in negotiations you have to suggest you hold a few trump cards.
Taking a gun to a knife fight is always a winner.....
Exactly as the Kray twins allegedly did, early on in their Firm embarking on 'empire building '

I've got used to the track and trace, face covering in shops etc, but yesterday had my first forehead temperature scan going into a shop. Even though it was 1pm hot and sunny somehow I passed as not running a temperature.

What I do find irksome is seeing the number of people who will walk into a pub and put their hands on the bar to get served. Some pubs are stricter than others with table service or attempts to distance people from the bar or sanitiser on entry.
But people queue up to get in, but then every few minutes someone new will walk in, cross the 1 metre tape to get to the bar, put their hands in exactly the same place on the bar to get served (which obviously hasn't been disinfected in between).

I've got used to the track and trace, face covering in shops etc, but yesterday had my first forehead temperature scan going into a shop. Even though it was 1pm hot and sunny somehow I passed as not running a temperature.

What I do find irksome is seeing the number of people who will walk into a pub and put their hands on the bar to get served. Some pubs are stricter than others with table service or attempts to distance people from the bar or sanitiser on entry.
But people queue up to get in, but then every few minutes someone new will walk in, cross the 1 metre tape to get to the bar, put their hands in exactly the same place on the bar to get served (which obviously hasn't been disinfected in between).

The human body is remarkably proficient at regulating temperature.

Depends on your point of view really.
If something isn`t working you have to find alternative routes to a resolution.
In terms of the IMB he would be pilloried by the very same people if he didn`t put in an insurance policy that retains the sovereignty of our elected parliament.
It's not a deterrent or an insurance policy, it's a suicide note.

Oh, Labour MP caught out by the naivety of youth or "mis-representing the facts" or fibbing, lying call it what you wish.
Er, did you read the report?

In a statement, the trust acknowledged there had been PPE shortages at Lark Hill but Ms Whittome had helped it to source extra supplies through public appeals in March and April.

In a statement, the trust acknowledged there had been PPE shortages at Lark Hill but Ms Whittome had helped it to source extra supplies through public appeals in March and April.
I think the fibbing is being attributed to the difference of opinion over why she was let go.

Which is in every way comparable to the tiny porky told to the electorate by Bojo and the Tories about the WA and Brexit to get into power :LOL: :rolleyes:

Not to mention the 69 points highlighted by @RyanioBirdio

The Tories answer to Chemical Ali strikes again :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Last edited:

Its a carehome...

She jumped a bandwagon to raise her profile from the inside, if there was a shortage of PPE then you do use it wisely or "ration it", remember the WHO guidance was changed several times.
Most of the "home made" PPE is now languishing in landfill or down your local corner shop being sold back to the people who made it.
Barely any was used in NHS or professional care establishments. Why? They didn`t run out.
The only thing that folk use are the "button bands" to stop your ears getting sore.

Sorry. Reality.

Back
Top Bottom