International News Covid-19 .....

I wonder if a test from a swab can be negative whilst a test from Saliva can be positive, or vice versa? Might explain the reasoning behind this.

Can‘t see it though..?
A test from a swab can be negative whilst a test from a swab from the same person at the same time can be positive.
There is no test that has a perfect success rate. A 0.5% false negative rate would be epically good, but would mean that 1 in 200 would be wrong.

arent 'we' lucky with such an efficient and honest bunch in Bojo n co running the country.... we should be grateful that their accurate figures are contibuting to decisions that are keeping us safe :oops: ... today's Torygraph ....

I flagged this over a month ago. My brother is a key worker and he and his family got tested before he went back to work, and he told me about how each of them counted as two tests. There was also a manufacturing error that meant many tens of thousands of tests that were sent in the post included tubes that were too small for them to be sent back in, thus ruining them. But they were still counted in the official testing figures and never detracted from the totals.

EDIT: Another 186 deaths today. Up on the last two days of around 150 each and up on last Friday.

Last edited:
I flagged this over a month ago. My brother is a key worker and he and his family got tested before he went back to work, and he told me about how each of them counted as two tests. There was also a manufacturing error that meant many tens of thousands of tests that were sent in the post included tubes that were too small for them to be sent back in, thus ruining them. But they were still counted in the official testing figures and never detracted from the totals.

EDIT: Another 186 deaths today. Up on the last two days of around 150 each and up on last Friday.

It’s the end of the beginning I fear,

My wife was randomly selected for a postal Covid test, the Kit duly arrived last week. in order to carry out the home test one must firstly contact the courier for a pick up date
and time prior to the test. Thought I would check the kit before phoning. The kit did not contain a security seal for the box so rang the contact number for guidance. After a considerable time getting through and nine options, was told that an additional kit would not be sent therefore throw it away. Pointless bloody exercise.

My wife was randomly selected for a postal Covid test, the Kit duly arrived last week. in order to carry out the home test one must firstly contact the courier for a pick up date
and time prior to the test. Thought I would check the kit before phoning. The kit did not contain a security seal for the box so rang the contact number for guidance. After a considerable time getting through and nine options, was told that an additional kit would not be sent therefore throw it away. Pointless bloody exercise.

What a wonderful system. ?

According to the Two of the same letters included in the Test kit, Imperial College, London in collaboration with Ipsos MORI. The letters signed by a Kelly Beaver. Managing
Director, Public Affairs, Ipsos MORI. (There's a name to conjure with).

WHO are "alarmed".......................

"In 11 countries, which have not been named, accelerated transmission has led to "very significant" resurgences, said Regional Director Dr Hans Henri Kluge. ".....

That is helpful!! @YellowTaxi will be tweeting all over it I reckon........

"The 11 countries and territories were later identified by the WHO as Armenia, Sweden, Moldova, North Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kyrgyzstan, Ukraine and Kosovo."

According to the Two of the same letters included in the Test kit, Imperial College, London in collaboration with Ipsos MORI. The letters signed by a Kelly Beaver. Managing
Director, Public Affairs, Ipsos MORI. (There's a name to conjure with).

Is it part of a trial?

"The 11 countries and territories were later identified by the WHO as Armenia, Sweden, Moldova, North Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kyrgyzstan, Ukraine and Kosovo."
Well a couple of them clearly aren't in Europe, guess the WHO doesn't know as much as it should about geography...

Is it part of a trial?
According to the letter it states 'Covid-19 testing research study (Wave 2)' Conducted jointly by Imperial College and Ipsos MORI on behalf of Department of Health and Social
Care (DHSC). They also required a follow up completion of survey online referencing Height, Weight, Lifestyle etc. In addition, ease of use with kit, you can imagine the reply!

Wasnt 'someone' blustering that he would 'get brexit done' .... and by 31 Jan too ... wonder who that is slithering round them Europeans now ? ...
Good to see the government swallowing there pride( Brexit inference).
Let’s hope it bears fruit.

It looks like Leicester could be heading for a local shut down - something EssexYellows alluded to a while back due to some specific local issues. It'll be an interesting first step for the UK to have to do that.

Let me not say "I told you so".............. but........... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-53206506

Claudia Webb...............our part time MP and Islington Councillor .......not sure how that works....wasn`t parachuted in to Vazelines seat because she is a BAME woman....got the job on merit of course.............. puts it down to BAME & Poverty............. complete B*****s.

It`s down to particular parts of the population, in particular areas not playing by the rules.

Our City Mayor, who was caught breaking said rules, is blaming the Government for not releasing the detailed data of who is getting it........... the data they received last week.
Sort by postcode, sort by street.............. won`t take too long really!

Total clusterfeck because nobody is "brave" enough to mention the cultural contribution to the localised spike.
Even from the data released by PHE it is very,very obvious where the issues are.

Back
Top Bottom