International News Covid-19 .....

I can`t believe nobody answered by Quiz you boring bunch of know-nothings. ;) ;)

A test is recorded (counted) at the time of being taken (physically) or posted. It has to link to a patient.
The test then starts a traced journey where there are several points it can be rejected, it still "counts" but becomes a failed test.
The test result is then linked to the patient record.

No numbers this week, I`m not at work! Yippee!!

I can`t believe nobody answered by Quiz you boring bunch of know-nothings. ;) ;)

A test is recorded (counted) at the time of being taken (physically) or posted. It has to link to a patient.
The test then starts a traced journey where there are several points it can be rejected, it still "counts" but becomes a failed test.
The test result is then linked to the patient record.

No numbers this week, I`m not at work! Yippee!!

Bonkers that (hypothetically) testing could be considered a success even if:
  • Patient is unable to perform their part and return a valid sample
  • There is no capacity to perform the analysis once returned.
What's the saying? Lies, damned lies... And statistics!

I wasn't the only one to see that a certain Piers Morgan may have COVID symptoms (wish him well, goes without saying), but had access to a test very quickly and the swab has sent for testing.

Just as well the Govt go on with rolling out so many tests eh Piers? ;););)

I can't be the only one wondering how he may have caught it when self-isolating?

Tested negative.

What amazed me more is that he is classed as an essential worker! Wtf is that all about?

Just been listening to a rather frightening programme on R4 where consultants staff and patients have been talking about the reality of the illness and its numerous complications. 'It (Covid-19) behaves like no other virus we've seen before, many patients are readmitted with a whole range of potentially life threatening illnesses which they previously didn't have'
As much as we can talk about the rights and wrongs of statistical data, Government claims and counter claims, the truth is this a terrifying illness and the extent of the suffering will continue for a very long time. In my work (pediatric mental health) I now have children who have lost a relative and have very frightened bereaved parents. These are existing patients and their families are dealing with the most painful experience of not being able to say goodbye. I don't have a lot of time for the politics I'm afraid. It's very tough trying to comfort a 6 year, through 'FaceTime'.

Just been listening to a rather frightening programme on R4 where consultants staff and patients have been talking about the reality of the illness and its numerous complications. 'It (Covid-19) behaves like no other virus we've seen before, many patients are readmitted with a whole range of potentially life threatening illnesses which they previously didn't have'
As much as we can talk about the rights and wrongs of statistical data, Government claims and counter claims, the truth is this a terrifying illness and the extent of the suffering will continue for a very long time. In my work (pediatric mental health) I now have children who have lost a relative and have very frightened bereaved parents. These are existing patients and their families are dealing with the most painful experience of not being able to say goodbye. I don't have a lot of time for the politics I'm afraid. It's very tough trying to comfort a 6 year, through 'FaceTime'.

I can only imagine the horrors that will be left behind after this. Losing someone is hard enough without being denied the chance to properly say goodbye, and this will be significantly harder for children who can't possibly understand what is happening.

Take care and stay strong, your work will be invaluable in trying to repair even a little of the harm that has been caused.

It's a perverse world where Piers Morgan is essential.

If we were to run the universe again, right from the big bang...

Biggest failure in a generation': Where did Britain go wrong?
Unlike Italy, the United Kingdom had time to prepare for the coronavirus tsunami. But as the death toll climbs, critics say Britain's response has suffered from a series of deadly mistakes and miscalculations.

From the Sydney Morning Herald

A newspaper which unlike the Telegraph, Times. Sun, Mail and Express are not in a client relationship to this government

• React
Reactions: QR
So when the tracer app is launched, how many people are going to refuse to download or use it due to "civil liberties"?

Are you axing for a guess at numbers or for volunteers*?

* Surely it would be foolhardy to admit on here in public that you weren't going to download it since that would go on your record?

Are you axing for a guess at numbers or for volunteers*?

* Surely it would be foolhardy to admit on here in public that you weren't going to download it since that would go on your record?
No it's just speculation that a lot of people criticising the government's past approach will refuse this next step of being tracked and traced.

Back
Top Bottom