International News Covid-19 .....

I fail to understand why this has to be so complicated if indeed premiership players really are willing to help.

Simple resolution :-

Pay the players their wage so that the government still gets their tax.

Players then return ‘net’ salary back to the club.

The club use this money to firstly pay staff 80% rather than furlough them with government funds. Any surplus then gets donated to the NHS and other good causes fighting this virus.

This way the government gets its tax and doesn’t have to cover the cost of furlough, and donations also get made In the process.

As for Rooney‘s comments... is he actually being serious when he says a 30% wage cut could financially ruin players??? They could go 3 months on nothing or at the absolute minimum defer salary if need be... how on earth would that ruin them?? He needs to take a look at the real world, he has been in his football bubble way too long.

I do agree however that this is a much wider issue than just football.... Their are many seriously rich people with all sorts of clever offshore tax saving schemes.

Extraordinary behaviour by the Scottish Chief Medical Officer. Going to her second home with family members 2 weekends in a row. Which totally contradicts the advice she gas been giving out!
Talk about an own goal..

Extraordinary behaviour by the Scottish Chief Medical Officer. Going to her second home with family members 2 weekends in a row. Which totally contradicts the advice she gas been giving out!
Talk about an own goal..
If she is otherwise the best person for the job, keep her until this crisis has passed. Then sack her.

If there is anyone else who can go the job as well or better than her (and will actually heed the advice) sack her right now.

If she is otherwise the best person for the job, keep her until this crisis has passed. Then sack her.

If there is anyone else who can go the job as well or better than her (and will actually heed the advice) sack her right now.

The Police have warned her at least.

Well she presumably won't be stupid enough to do it again. But you can't do that sort of thing and get away with it when you are the person telling everyone else what to do, but are arrogant and ignorant enough to think it somehow doesn't apply to you. She has to lose her job, either now or when she is no longer vital to the role. Doing such things only makes others think 'If the senior medical officer isn't actually taking this seriously, why should I?' - thus meaning more people are out on the street spreading the virus about, so more people will die and the rest of us will have to stay in for longer.

It's extraordinary, the poverty of peoples' imaginations.

My neighbour, the queen, has buggered off for the weekend with her topless factotum, Jim, no doubt to mix with like-minded members of whatever community she self-identifies with. And to think I got her chicken thighs and semi-skimmed milk!

I, meanwhile, am going to virtuously drive into the metropolis of Bridport to pick up my 3 kilos of flour tomorrow and will check out if Waitrose has beer and red wine. Hypocrisy pure and simple.

Last edited:
Well she presumably won't be stupid enough to do it again. But you can't do that sort of thing and get away with it when you are the person telling everyone else what to do, but are arrogant and ignorant enough to think it somehow doesn't apply to you. She has to lose her job, either now or when she is no longer vital to the role. Doing such things only makes others think 'If the senior medical officer isn't actually taking this seriously, why should I?' - thus meaning more people are out on the street spreading the virus about, so more people will die and the rest of us will have to stay in for longer.

I would hope (but doubt) that after this is over she would resign, assuming there isn't somebody else who can do her job now.

It's extraordinary, the poverty of peoples' imaginations.

My neighbour, the queen, has buggered off for the weekend with her topless factotum, Jim, no doubt to mix with like-minded members of whatever community she self-identifies with. And to think I got her chicken thighs and semi-skimmed milk!

I, meanwhile, am going to virtuously drive into the metropolis of Bridport to pick up my 3 kilos of flour tomorrow and will check out if Waitrose has beer and red wine. Hypocrisy pure and simple.
Medicinal purposes?

Only from the other side :unsure: If you can PM me some details I will try to have my scout, Princess Yvonne, get in touch.

Back
Top Bottom